Stuck

Y/n POV

It has been four years since Leslie died and me and the kids moved back to my hometown. I turned my wedding ring into a necklace so whenever I'm on call I feel like Leslie is with me. I've made friends with my coworkers at station 19. I'm not close with Andy and she has been trying to be close to me like we were in high school but I just can't let her in again. Her friend Maya has been also trying to be close to me which I don't mind but I don't tell her everything about what happened in Chicago.

I'm still in contact with my old firehouse and they all miss me, I call them twice a week. Kelly, Casey and Gabby really want to visit me and the kids. Both Jazmine and Jaxon started first grade, they are six years old now and have settled being in Seattle, they made friends here as well and whenever I can't get them their friends parents watch them until I pick them up or when I do a 12 hour shift they stay the night or sometimes they stay with me at station 19.

I have yet to move on from Leslie as I have been focusing on my kids and work. Pruitt met my kids and they love him and he said they are his honorary grandkids. Andy has yet to meet them probably because I don't want them to meet her just yet. Anyways I dropped the kids off at school before heading to the station to start my shift. Once I arrived I immediately went to my locker and opened it seeing a picture of me and the rest of 51 by truck 51, I had my arm wrapped around Leslie as we all had a big smile on our face and then I looked at our wedding photo. I smile sadly at the photo before I changed into my work uniform and put my clothes in and shut my locker. Last year I've been promoted to lieutenant which is a huge accomplishment, I told everyone at 51 and they were super happy for me.

The Klaxon went off and I immediately went to the truck and put on my gear and sat in my seat as Andy is driving the truck. Once we made it we got out and I grabbed the oxygen tank and put it on me before Captain Pruitt called us. "I know you all know this, but I'm still gonna say it contain the flame and get the hell out!" Pruitt told us. "Laminar smoke flow, small chance of flashover. My guess is the back of the house." Andy said as I stood behind them. Jack eagerly runs forward when Pruitt called him out. "Hey, Gibson, you in a hurry? I haven't even given the plan yet." Pruitt said to him.

"Just ready to get in there, sir." Jack told him. "Miller, L/n, partner with Gibson." Pruitt ordered us. "You got it." Dean said. "Yes, sir." I said before I put on my mask and followed Jack inside with Dean behind me. The three of us stop when we see the flames in the room and then made room for Andy and Maya leave with the victim. "Charge the line." Jack said as Travis came in. "Okay, you got it." Travis said before we grabbed the hose as Dean made a comment. "The wet stuff on the red stuff!" Dean said as we hosed down the fire.

It took a minute before the flames went out. "Hold on the pipe! Fire's out." Jack said. The water shut off. "Another possible victim inside, guys. Name's Charlie. Repeat, Charlie." Pruitt told us over the radio. "Damn. If he's in there, he's already toast." Dean said. "Shut up." Travis told him. I took off my mask as the two argue. "What? The whole place is charcoal." Dean told him. I walked further into the room and looked around the burn room with Jack. "Dean. Enough." Jack told him. "You think anybody would survive this kind of burnout?" Dean asked us.

"Shut up!" Jack said silencing him and then we all hear a whimper. "You guys hear that?" Jack asked us. We hear the whimpering more louder. "Oh, my god. It's a kid." I said as my parental instincts kicked in. We all called out his name before we found a dog that has the name Charlie on his collar. We all looked at the dog silently. "Dibs on the puppy." Dean said from next to me. I looked at him. "You can't call dibs on the puppy." I said to him making him look at me. "I just did. Dibs on that puppy." Dean told me as he pointed to the dog.

I shook my head and chuckled at my friend's antics before we all walked out the house with Dean holding the puppy looking like he saved the day. I went up to Maya and Andy as I took off my helmet. "You think he practices? Like, does he go to dog parks on his days off?" Andy asked us but I don't say anything as I just listen in. "Yeah, cradle puppies under one arm, wipe away pretend soot with the other." Maya said. "He must." Andy said as we looked at Dean with the victim as she thanks him. "I mean, look at him." Maya told us. "You notice we're the ones who saved her life, but he's the one she's thanking?" Andy asked her. "That stuff's not gonna fly when we're running this place." Maya told her. "Next time, we save the puppy." Andy said making me chuckle.