ACT I

When news reached the North that Catelyn Stark had given birth to a daughter and son, they hoped for her daughter to inherit her beauty and her son to possess great strength.

As the years passed, the North's hopes were fulfilled. Alys Stark became a breathtaking beauty, her appearance was often likened more to House Tully than Stark. Some whispered she mirrored the famed beauty of Lyanna Stark, capable of inspiring men to wage war in her name.

As the eldest daughter of the Lord and Lady Stark, Alys felt the weight of expectation to embody the perfect daughter. Though her parents allowed her to delay marriage, she knew it couldn't be postponed indefinitely. Ravens arrived daily from lords seeking her hand, many as old as her father or near death's door. She once overheard her parents arguing over Lord Bolton's proposal—her father refusing to send her to a man twice her age, while her mother insisted it was her duty. This disagreement made Alys reconsider her mother's advice, despite her love for her. Alys cherished her freedom, dreaming some nights of escaping Winterfell to roam beyond the Wall.

Alys and her twin brother Robb, aged six and ten, were inseparable in their youth. It was rumored their parents fretted over their closeness, briefly sending Alys to Riverrun. Despite their strong bond, their childhood closeness began to fade as they were groomed for their future roles—Alys for marriage and motherhood, Robb to inherit Winterfell.

Jon Snow, Lord Stark's bastard son, was raised alongside his half-siblings but kept apart from Alys by Catelyn Stark's decree. Alys acknowledged Jon as her half-brother, though they rarely spoke. Jon understood Lady Stark's reasons but was hurt by Alys's distance. He recalled, during a serious illness, hearing Alys cry and pray for his recovery, a gesture he never disclosed but found solace in.

The Starks stood as a unified pack, strong together against the world's challenges—a lone Stark was a tragic fate indeed.