𝘪. 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘱𝘪𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘴

general content warnings ; foul language, mentions and depictions of depth, just dark themes, really

𝘼𝙉: I know the content warnings are pretty intimidating, but it's not all super brooding and dark! There will be plenty of comic relief and dark comedy. Additionally, for any particularly intense moments, a more specific trigger warning will be added. If I am negligent in adding a specific trigger warning, please let me know so that I can add it. All in all, I wish you a safe and fun reading experience. Please, enjoy :]

𝘿𝙄𝙎𝘾𝙇𝘼𝙄𝙈𝙀𝙍 ; 𝐧𝐨 𝐬𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞.

───── ● ◐【☾】◑ ● ─────

 BONES OF A PARTICULAR SHAPE AND SIZE are scattered about in the long grass. It's well into the night with the sharp and magnificent crescent moon shining overhead. The stars have a peculiar shine to them, you don't know why. You breathe in the chilly air, feeling goosebumps on your arms. It's so cold that perhaps you've gone numb.

"Nope, not this one either," a gravelly, trembling voice grunts out. Another bone joins the collection as it's thrown into the absurdly large pile forming next to a gravestone. The cartoonish, rattling noise of bones slamming together gets your attention.

You drag your eyes away from the stars and stare at the mound of bones. You begin to wonder when the person buried under you will wake from their peaceful slumber to tell you off for making such a mess on their grave.

You yawn, "you seriously haven't found it yet?"

"No..."

Another yawn escapes you as you stretch your arms out into the sky, feeling the good burn of a much-needed stretch. You cherished that feeling before squatting down next to the pile of bones. They were all human remains from the lost and found box from the back of the flower shop. If you wanted to get even more specific, they were all femur bones. And your forgetful skelly friend is desperate to find his lost femur bone, or find one that fits.

"Seriously! How could you forget your femur bone?! You can't even walk without it! Aish! Skeletons have always been so absentminded..." A little, floating wad of cloth hovers over your shoulder, leering at Egerton the Skeleton and his pile of bones.

You deadpan. "Dude, really?"

"Well, that's because I don't even have a brain...Hey, you," A bony finger is pointed towards the entity next to you. "What was your name again?"

 The floating piece of cloth, that you affectionately refer to as Crims, guffaws and turns to stare at you with those beady eyes of his. 

 "See?!"

"You don't have a brain either, Crims. You're a wraith." You retort, switching your focus to help find the femur bone. As you start to make a pile for potential matches, you off-handedly remark, "You know, as much as I like to hang out at graveyards, I don't want to spend the night in one..."

Egerton the Skeleton sighs sheepishly. "Sorry..."

"I also have to get back before my grandparents wake me up for... tomorrow?" You check your phone. It was almost 4 AM. "—Today. I have to get back in like three hours before my grandparents realize I'm not there when they wake me up."