𝘷. 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘴 𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

𝘿𝙄𝙎𝘾𝙇𝘼𝙄𝙈𝙀𝙍 ; 𝐀𝐧𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐬, 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝, 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝, 𝐎𝐑 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃, 𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥.

───── ● ◐【☾】◑ ● ─────

 YOU WERE SAFE  for now. However, you're not sure if you would be able to leave your dorm ever again. Jia and Crims appear in the reflection of the bathroom mirror, just as you finish washing your face. You jump before letting out a frustrated sigh.

"Hah! I finally got ya!" Crims taunts, doing his version of a victory dance.

For some unknown reason, you want to bleach your eyes. Jia stands on the other side of you, looking pretty grossed out as well. Forcing yourself to forget the last few seconds, you look down at the sink and notice something. It was a necklace, and it certainly wasn't yours.

Jia's voice snaps you out of your trance. "I'm so sorry!"

You blink at the ghost girl who's teeming with regret. "I...I almost made you go out the same way I did."

"Yeah, directly leading us there wasn't the smartest move, you know!" Crims spat.

You sigh, scolding the wraith. "Enough of that. At least we're aware of... whatever that was. We just need to be careful from now on."

The question lingering on your mind right now was: what was that thing exactly? The glowing red substance that attacked you in the hallway as well as the whole distortion of the cafeteria.

"Now that I think about it, it feels familiar..." Crims remarks. Strangely, you agree. The smell from it was foul, but there was a sense of familiarity that came with it. It was present in both encounters that you've had with this... weird substance. Could they be connected?

You're not sure what to think, but you know you haven't felt this concerned and worried in a long time.

Noticing that she was suddenly silent and had her eyes elsewhere, you ask, "... Jia, do you know what that necklace is?"

The ghost girl gasps and then tries to gingerly pick up said necklace.

But, she can't.

"I-I can't believe she still has this..."

"You gave that to Lucy?"

Jia wordlessly nods.

You hum, tilting your head at the pretty little thing. It was your standard metal chain necklace with a shooting star charm. You managed to catch yourself before you foolishly picked it up. You turn to the ghost girl who looks to you in anticipation.

"I think I can find a way to help you, but I need to see the memories of this necklace in order to do so. However, I would understand if you-"

"As long as it can help Lucy, then I'll do anything!"

───── ● ◐【☾】◑ ● ─────

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

❝ I'm definitely going to consume his soul when I get the chance. ❞

───── ● ◐【☾】◑ ● ─────