𝘷𝘪𝘪. 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦

𝘿𝙄𝙎𝘾𝙇𝘼𝙄𝙈𝙀𝙍 ; 𝐀𝐧𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐬, 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝, 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝, 𝐎𝐑 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃, 𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥.

───── ● ◐【☾】◑ ● ─────

THE SCHOOL WAS CLOSED TEMPORARILY. Although it was common for plenty of students to go back home on the weekends, this time they had no choice.

Sweepers flooded into the school. The vaguely humanoid beings moved efficiently throughout the school, doing a campus-wide cleansing. Most of them were concentrated in the cafeteria. They reached into the walls, pulling out clumps of a grotesque, red substance. It was pulsating and glowing. In the center of the cafeteria, the thing decided to reveal itself. It manifested on the floor, creating a bloody vortex. It sucked everything in: tables, chairs, what have you. The Sweepers didn't react. All the debris just phased through them. Then, they got to work.

Meanwhile, in the first year's dorm, a pair of Sweepers approach a certain room.

Donning white jump suits and black rainboots, along with an array of equipment, the Sweepers discover a certain patch of that thing. It reveals itself right away to the two Sweepers, and blocks their escape. Again, the Sweepers pay no mind to it and get to work. One of the sweepers puts on a harness while the other attaches a rope to the harness. They nod to each other before the Sweeper with the harness phases through the substance.

A few minutes pass, and the Sweeper comes out carrying two bodies. One being Jia, and the other, an older woman.

Jia looks at her own corpse, mortified. She lets out a gasp, but is quick to cover her mouth. The Sweepers turn at the sound, finding nothing there.

Just another day.

───── ● ◐【☾】◑ ● ─────

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

❝ Pfft! The Grim Reaper's no big deal! ❞

───── ● ◐【☾】◑ ● ─────

"Come on, come on! You promised~" Jun-Seo whines, flailing his arms about childishly.

"I'm tired..." You muttered out, turning away from the dokkaebi.

It was almost midnight for crying out loud. You were already beat from spending nearly the whole weekend with Dae-Hyun and your grandparents. You were supposed to go with Jun-Seo to the Night Market, but you were just too tired.

"Crims, you're sleeping too?!"

"Go away, lowly goblin." Crims snuggles deeper into the crook of your elbow.

Jun-Seo scoffs, crossing his arms. He was pouting behind that mask of his. A few seconds go by before he gives in. He lets out dramatic sigh, his head hanging low.

"Fine. We'll go next time...NOT!" The mischievous goblin drags you out of bed, along with Crims.

"What in all layers of hell are you doing?!" Crims shouts while you flail about in Jun-Seo's hold.

A quick thought passes through your mind, wondering how your family and Dae-Hyun would react if they saw what was happening. The dokkaebi is holding you upside down by your waist. You relentlessly kick and twist. It's only a couple seconds in that you realize that you wouldn't want him to free you right away.