18 (Final)

During a surgery Miranda found herself confiding with Arizona. "Ben wants us to live together," She said, her voice carefully controlled as she focused on the delicate procedure.

Arizona glanced at her, a smile spreading across her face. "That's wonderful, I'm so happy for you. He is good for you."

Miranda nodded, but the hesitation in her eyes didn't go unnoticed. Arizona's smile faded slightly as she sensed her friend's uncertainty. "But... you're hesitant about it. Why?"

Miranda took a deep breath, momentarily pausing her work to collect her thoughts. "It's just... everything is so complicated right now. Tucker's still being well Tucker. And I have Tuck. It's not that simple to just pack up and move in with him."

Arizona nodded, understanding the complexities. "I get that. But Ben genuinely loves both of you and wants to be a part of your lives. He's already been there for you through so much."

"He has," Miranda agreed. "And I love him. I really do. But I also have to think about how this will affect Tucker and our co-parenting dynamic. I don't want to create more tension."

Arizona looked thoughtful as she adjusted her position. "I can say with confidence that you're an amazing mother, and you're doing everything you can to make this work for everyone. But you also deserve happiness. Tucker has no say in that."

Miranda sighed, feeling the weight of Arizona's words. "I know you're right. I just... I want to make sure it's the right decision."

Arizona smiled warmly. "You'll figure it out. You always do. Just remember that it's okay to put your happiness first sometimes. If living together with Ben feels right, then maybe it's the next step you all need."

Miranda nodded, a small smile tugging at her lips. "Thanks. I really appreciate your support."

"Anytime," Arizona replied, her tone filled with affection. "Now, let's finish up here. We have a lot more lives to save today."

As they continued their work, Miranda felt a bit lighter, the conversation with Arizona helping to clarify her thoughts.

That night, Ben gave Tuck his nighttime bottle, sitting in the rocking chair. He rocked gently, speaking softly to Tuck, unaware that Miranda was standing at the door of the nursery, watching them with a tender smile.

"I'm so happy to be in your life, little man," Ben whispered. "And I'm so in love with your mom. She's amazing, and we're going to be a great family."

Miranda felt her heart swell at his words and quietly slipped back into the bedroom to wait for Ben. A few minutes later, he walked in, a gentle smile on his face. "Tuck's sound asleep," he said.

Miranda patted the space next to her. "Come lay down with me."

Ben joined her, and she nestled her head on his chest, After a moment of comfortable silence, she looked up at him and asked, "What do you think our room in our new place should look like?"

Ben's eyes widened in surprise and delight. "Miranda Bailey, are you saying what I think you're saying?"

Miranda smiled, her eyes sparkling. "Yes, Ben. I'll live with you."

Ben's face lit up with joy, and he wrapped his arms around her, holding her close. "You have no idea how happy that makes me," he whispered, kissing the top of her head.

They eventually found the perfect home, one that felt just right for them. Ben walked through the house with Miranda while she held Tuck. He enjoyed showing him around every room. Tuck giggled and cooed, his tiny hands reaching out to touch everything within his grasp clearly enjoying the adventure.