Chapter 3

The alarm clock sounded noisily. It's 6AM. Erin is trying to move her right hand locating the sound to end it. She was lying facedown to her soft pillow and she is covered in a pink stripe design blanket. Her body can feel the warm of the wool blanket and it made her wanted to prolonge her sleep.

Arrgghhh! I really need to move my ass out in bed now. She thought to herself.

She turned on her mp3 player connected to a small speaker and press the play button. It suddenly played the music of Frente entitled "Accidentally Kelly Street"

Ohhh, this is such a lovely day! She speaks to herself. As she glance outside and see the bright sun shining while the wind caresses the flowery pink curtains hanging in her room's open glass window.

Although, she had to admit that it's been tiring since she fell asleep at around 2AM. Her thoughts were wandering elsewhere after her movie night and short conversation with Darius. She couldn't sleep after he had left and gone home. She couldn't understand why. This is not even a good thing since she will be having her final exams at 10AM..

Immediately she uncover herself and have to a cold shower. The coldness of the water made her feel so alive.

After taking her shower. She put on a white spaghetti straps layered with a denim long-sleeves and folded the sleeves up to her elbow then, let it hang loose. She paired it with tattered jeans, a small black leatherette sling bag and a cool polarized blue mirrored sunglasses. Her hair was still a bit frizzy but she always wear it like that. No make up only a dab of Tony Moly's cherry lip gloss for her delicate lips and a cool scent of CK One perfume. One of her favorites. She picked a pair of black socks and black high-cut Converse sneakers to complete her outfit.

Ready to go! She told herself. After looking one more time in the mirror.

She goes downstairs to see what's for breakfast and see her mom making pancakes and frying some sunny side up eggs.

Hey mom! She embraced her mom from behind.

Hi honey, you smell so great. Her mom can smell generously her perfume.

And you smell like pancakes. Sweet! Haha kidding mom. She easily tease her.

You better eat heavy breakfast so that your brain will work wonders later. Haha her mom tease her back.

Yeah, I need more coffee and pancakes with peanut butter. As she reach out for them. She had a huge bite of the pancake with peanut butter in and sip her coffee. Such a breezy morning it is.

What time did Darius went home last night? Her mom asked while still doing the eggs.

Around past midnight. She answered while finishing her food.

You're lucky to have such a charming bestfriend. Her mom commented. Mrs. Valentine seem impressed to have the boy come to their house most of the time for how many years that she lost track when it began. He is a nice kid. She thought to herself.

Yeah, I guess, I am lucky. Erin shortly answered.

Mom, I've got to go now or I'm gonna be stuck in traffic. I still have some notes to review. She continued and hurriedly kiss her.

Okay honey. Take care. Her mom hugged her before letting her out at the door.

Walking outside the house she wondered what did her mom thought about her and Darius being bestfriends for a long time. Did she expect something? Her thoughts stopped when she saw the yellow bus coming on her way..

The school lobby has been quite crowded with students. It's almost the end of school year. Everybody is busy complying for their exams and other stuff. Laughing and catching up with different classmates.