CHAPTER FIVE

Ivy waited for a taxi. A white taxi stopped at her signal and she got inside the taxi. She was so happy she had spent some time with a great editor who was willing to edit her work.

She took out her phone and was shocked to see nine missed calls from Nick. She quickly scrolled to his contact info and called him. He did not answer. She tried again and he did not answer. She decided to text him.

IVY: My love, I'm so sorry I didn't answer your call earlier. I was busy talking to an editor.

She knew that Nick might have been busy and that is why he did not answer her call. She waited for a response from him but there was none. She gently texted him again.

IVY: I love you Nick. I'll be waiting for you in your house.😘😘😘

Within minutes, she arrived at Nick's house and started cleaning around. She then went to the kitchen and did the dishes. She was almost done when a glass fell down from her hand and cut her left foot. She worriedly looked at the pieces, knowing this was a bad omen.

" Nick?"

She cleaned the floor then walked to the living room, taking her phone which was on the table. She tried calling Nick again but there was no response.

Gabriella and Trevor were seated at the waiting area. Trevor was holding Nick's phone in hand as it rang. He turned to Gabriella who was looking at him in an askance manner.

" It's his fiancée, I guess."

" Give me the phone."

Trevor did not think it was a good idea for any of them to talk to her but she handed over the phone to her. It rang again and Gabriella read the caller's ID. It registered the caller as my love.

" It must be her."

She hang up and sent Ivy a text.

Nick is at the hospital. He collapsed and was admitted. You should visit him. I am sure he needs you right now.

She gave back the phone to Trevor. He looked at the text and then at her.

" Seriously Mom? I don't think you should have asked her to visit him. Not without his consent."

" I am sure he needs her. Plus, I need to meet her."

Ivy read the text and lost strength. She sat on the settee, fighting back her threatening tears. She was extremely worried.

***
Roel was seated on his bed when his phone rang. He quickly answered as he stood up.

" I hope you have good news."

" Yes sir. She left the city."

" Do you know where she went?"

" Not really. That is what I want to find out now."

" Do not call until you know where she really is. I'll transfer you more money for the progress."

Roel hang up the phone with a smile on his face. He then sat on his bed.

" I'll find you. This time, I will not let go of you. I will also punish you for leaving me."

***
Gabriella was tired after staying at the infirmary the whole evening. A nurse showed up and progressed towards them. She lowered her mask and gave Gabriella and Trevor a smile. Gabriella impatiently asked what was wrong with Nick.

" The doctor said he will speak to you tomorrow. He has your son under observation."

" So we are leaving with no information about Nick?"