CHAPTER SIX

Ivy stayed at the hospital with Nick as she watched over him. She was worried about him and scared for him but did not attempt to show it to him.

Nick was thinking of how to make everyone understand that he did not need the surgery. However, he considered the possibility that the brain aneurysm is really serious as said by the doctors and he came to a conclusion that he will request a transfer to another hospital for a check up and if the results will turn out to be the same, then he would willing accept the surgery.

Later that evening, the doctors said that Ivy had to leave and Gabriella said she could stay with them. Oliver gave her a disagreeing look and she said that Ivy was now family since Nick was planning to marry her. He only rolled his eyes and walked away. Nick disagreed with Gabriella when she gave them the news and suggested they book a hotel room for Ivy but Gabriella insisted she stays with them. Nick knew very well that Oliver did not like people living with them as he thought they only ruined his privacy with Gabriella and that was the reason why he made Roel and Trevor leave the house. Nick eventually had to agree when he figured out he will not convince Gabriella otherwise. Ivy was getting ready to leave when he held her hand, stopping her. Gabriella turned to them.

" Nick, do not take long. Ivy, we will wait for you outside." They all left, leaving Ivy and Nick alone.

" Ivy, are you comfortable with the idea of staying with my parents? I can book you a room."

" I think your mom might have her reasons for wanting me around. Besides, it will be a perfect opportunity to prove to her that I'm worthy to be called her daughter-in-law." She said as she smiled.

Nick leaned in and kissed her left cheek, then pulled away.

" Show her that I made the best choice then." She nodded, waved a goodbye to him and left.

The drive home was silent. Oliver kept glancing at Ivy then at Gabriella who was seated next to him, driving. Ivy was seated at the back seat feeling the glances from Oliver. She had a feeling that Oliver did not like her and she did not know why.

***
Trevor was seated on the settee when Roel came out of his room and walked towards him. He looked at him and scoffed.

" Where were you?"

" At the hospital, of course."

" Oh. I forgot that helpless Nick has a fainting issue."

" It is serious, Roel. He has brain aneurysm and needs a surgery soon."

" That is what you call serious? I thought you would say he is dying tomorrow because that is what my ear is itching to hear."

" Will you stop it Roel?" Roel turned to him and gave him an angry glare.

" He is still our brother." He said softly. He knew he is pissing Roel off but still chose to say it. All he hoped was that eventually, these words would sink in Roel's mind. Roel only scoffed and sat opposite him silently. There was a deafening silence before Trevor turned to Roel, smiling.

" I saw his fiancée. She is too pretty."

Roel looked at him then away. He just hummed. Trevor did not stop there. He kept saying good things about Ivy and even told him about their beautiful moments at the hospital. Roel listened though he acted like he was not paying attention.

"... She is now staying with mom and dad." Roel turned to him pleased.

" Really?"

" Yes."

Roel smiled.

***
Ivy woke up the following morning very early. She had slept in the guest room. She quickly got off the bed and made it. She then walked to the kitchen, cleaned the utensils and made breakfast. Gabriella entered the kitchen and found it clean. Ivy turned to her and greeted her. She was confused with the look on her face. She didn't seem pleased with her cleaning the kitchen and preparing breakfast. Gabriella only nodded to her greeting and walked away. Ivy hoped she had not ruined everything.

She carried the breakfast on a tray walked to the dining room. No one was there so she only laid it on the table and walked away. She was at the living room when the door knob turned. She turned around and her eyes met with his.

" Ivy?" Roel said, shocked. Ivy just stared at him. He started walking towards her and she worriedly moved away.

" I found you. You thought you could ran from me forever?"

She could not hold her tears. She could not believe that the man she feared would find her actually did. But what was he doing at Gabriella's house? She thought of screaming but she was too weak to do that. Roel continued taking steps towards her as she moved away, scared. She reached the door to the balcony and opened it. Roel only smiled as she ran to the balcony. He went after her and when he arrived at the balcony, he closed the door behind him. Ivy tried to run but he grabbed her wrist and pushed her against the wall. She screamed and he only smiled and covered her mouth. Tears formed in her eyes.

" Shut up, okay?" Tears came out of her eyes.

" I'm going to let go. Do not dare scream or do anything silly. Okay?" She did not respond and he got furious. She sensed danger and quickly nodded. He uncovered her mouth and gently stroked her hair, smiling. She moved away.

" Where have you been?" She tried to speak but could not. She just shook her head.

" Tell me you are not the one he is planning to marry. Please." Ivy was still confused. She looked at him silently and he repeated his statement using a different tone.

" Ro..." She went quiet when the door to the balcony went open. Roel stepped away from her as they watched Gabriella walk towards them.

" Ivy, we need to talk." She turned to Roel.

" Oh Roel, I see you have met your brother's fiancée."

Roel nodded and turned to Ivy, giving her ' the look'. Gabriella turned to walk away and Ivy followed her in a hurry. Roel could not believe it.

Not her Nick. I will make sure you will not have her. She is mine and mine alone.

He walked back into the house and found Gabriella asking her how long she has been dating Nick. Ivy half opened her mouth to answer when she saw Roel looking at her. She swallowed a gulp of saliva which choked her and she started coughing. Daniella asked Roel to get her water and he nodded leaving towards the kitchen. Gabriella asked for more details and just then, Roel came back. He handed Ivy the glass of water. She drank the water and placed the glass on the table. She softly told Gabriella that she has been dating Nick for four years now.

" Did you confess to him first or he went first?"

" He... Him."

Roel looked away angrily. Gabriella noticed the tension between the two and shifted the topic to them.

" Do you two have an issue with each other?"

Roel fake smiled at Gabriella and turned to Ivy.

" Do we?"

Ivy shook her head. Roel walked out of the house and Ivy was relieved. Gabriella knew there was something and she vowed to dig deeper into the matter.