Other towns in Keysota

MEDIUM SIZED TOWNS

Prior Lake
Prior lake is a medium sized town a few kilometers down the road from Hazelton. Prior lake has a estimated population of around 9000~ people. Prior Lake has a large amount of housing and is home to Buc-ee's just down by the overpass on I-35.

Wadena
Wadena is also a medium sized town, just a bit more developed then Prior Lake. Wadena has an estimated population of around 7000~ people despite being a bigger city then Prior Lake. Wadena was the site of the historic May 3rd, 1999 F5. This tornado shredded the capitol building and nearly wiped Wadena off the map, but Wadena stayed strong and recovered.

Chandler
Chandler is a medium sized city above Wadena is considered "well forgotten" by many as people who dont live there rarely visit it. The town is just barely smaller then Prior Lake. Not very many fun facts about this place.

Starbuck
Starbuck is far down below the city of Prior Lake, and is one of the smaller towns still considered medium sized. It has a historic downtown district and a large suburban area with plenty of homes compared to the rest of the towns nearby.

Fun fact: When we gathered around 50~ locals to help us create this booklet, it was actually fairly controversial if Starbuck and Badoura were considered small towns or medium sized towns.

Badoura
Badoura is a medium sized town along Lake Sneed and is below Wadena. The locals in Badoura are some of the nicest in Keysota, like the Syre locals.

CITIES (Besides Hazelton)

Viroqua
Viroqua is a city along the Wenatchee river with an estimated population of around 17000~ people. Viroqua has a few low rise buildings and a very large suburban area northeast of downtown. Viroqua is connected to West Viroqua with a bridge.

Hibbing
Hibbing is a medium sized city along Hibbing Lake with an estimated population of around 15000~ people. Hibbing has 2 low rises and 1 medium rise building. Hibbing also has a medium sized suburban area. Hibbing is also home to the Hibbing Airport.

SMALL TOWNS
Mizpah
Mizpah is a culture filled small town in near Mizpah lake. Population estimation is around 300~ people. Mizpah is rumoured to be completely passed by by tornadoes. No tornadoes in state history have hit Mizpah in over 40 years!

Peshtigo and Syre
Both towns are small and very close to each other so we put them together. Both towns are estimated to have around 500~ people combined (220 and 280 respectively). Nothing is really of note of these towns, but people say that the residents there are some of the nicest in Keysota.

Sylvia
Sylvia is a small town east of Prior Lake. It is also a small town of not much note, you can stop and get gas there if your traveling tho.

Hiram
Hiram is one of the larger small towns and has an estimated population of 800~ people. It has a larger suburban area then Helma!

Nateville
Nateville is a trailer park town with an estimated population of 100~ people.
It also has one of the only high proof tornado shelters that arent in a major city districts.

Cherokee Village
Cherokee Village (Or just Cherokee as locals call it) is a small town below Badoura. It is a reserve for Native Americans in the area. Population estimation is around 90~ people.

Hazelton Lakes and Palzoid
These two towns are in such close proximity that they are considering having both towns join into one larger one. Despite being called "Hazelton Lakes", residents of Hazelton Lakes refuse to be called Hazelton residents. Both towns have a population of 230~ combined.

Almora
Almora is north of Hazelton and is considered a "boring town" by many residents. Not much fun here. Population estimation is around 80~ people.

Gemmell
Gemmell is sometimes called "Gemmellton" by locals, so dont be suprised if you hear that in public. Population estimation is around 70~ people.

Helma
Helma is considered a "mining ghost town" with only 7 residents still living there. The now abandoned Helma Uranium Mine was replaced with automation and the town emptied out as people went on to live else where with better jobs. Some of the homes that were in Helma are gone, others heavily decayed.

Wauban
Wauban is a small town west of Hazelton with an estimated population size of around 100 to 150 people. The locals there are considering not nice people by many, and locals will advise you not to go there.

Whelchel and Whelchel Valley
Whelchel and Whelchel Valley are considered the same town by many locals, and are usually grouped together as just Whelchel. Both have a combined estimated population of around 300~ people. They together are trailer park towns, like Nateville, yet they do not have a tornado shelter.

Tenstrike
Tenstrike (formally Tenkiller before 1999) is a small town, sometimes considered a division of Hazelton. The estimated population is around 200~ people. It is similarly a trailer park town like Whelchel and Whelchel Valley and Nateville.

Funkley
Funkley is one of the most notable small towns with a historic gas station from the 1930s, one of the oldest standing structures in the local area. The estimated population is around 240~ people.

Sneed
Sneed is not usually considering a "town", by many, yet we'll put it on here anyway. Sneed is one of the smallest towns with a population of 30~ people. Its home to the Sneed Dam.

Trent
Considered two towns by many locals, Trent and the unrecognized "Tyo" town many locals call it, are a larger small town with an estimated population of 400~ people.