Mutation

Inspired by a quick mention from the Dragon Ball Z manga:

—————————————————————————————————————
—————
——

Planet Vegeta, formerly known as planet "Plant" a reminder of history that is being pushed a teeny bit away from the back-burner of Saiyan minds as archeology holding a hidden truth has been discovered from the natives the Tuffles whom faced genocide from the tailed warriors. This important discovery would not have been found if a simple action was not done. Frieza blowing up planet Vegeta? No, not that but what caused him to aradicate the Sayians. See, Frieza and an eight year old Vegeta both had their actions tied together, and one slip up of these actions could cause a drastic outcome on how the Universe would fall into place. Let us first look at this Universe's Planet Vegeta after this mysterious butterfly effect and some time after the discovery of the artifacts that would further contrast the personalities and history within the Universe 7 that we know well...

Scouters have been around in Saiyan society long enough to observe the trends of around a hundred babies in the span of a bit over two decades. The population of Saiyans of all ages is a few thousand, so every birth is heavily weighted in the influence it has on population data. When Bardock was born, babies were put in their appropriate Warrior class based on observations that were always changing, meaning new ways to force the young to battle with terribly high stakes before deciding to ship them off to low-level worlds. Now babies were scanned before they were named, and official standards were built into law of how classes were organized based on birth power level.

Low level: 1-49
Average: 50-100
Elite: 101+

Elites are assumed and expected to stay elites due to their mandatory specified training procedures, but if an Average Warrior fails or passes the adulthood entrance exam then they can move a spot up or down rank. Low levels that fail are killed. Once the adulthood entrance exam is over, that's that. You live with your rank. Kakarot decided to changes these rules.
Kakarot, born with a power level of five had passed the exam, but it meant that he wouldn't die but would live with the taboo of being a low class Sayian with no promotion. Kakarot had seen how impressed the exam coordinator was with him in the categories of speed, strength, and battle strategy. When Kakarot was in the Saiyan test building for more than the exam's time limit of an hour, his friends thought that he had slipped up and gotten terminated, but Kakarot was staying after to talk to bewildered proctors.

The proctors knew that Kakarot was the first adolescence to explore the loop hole, a low class warrior capable of more than their once projected path. A few Saiyan's Bardock's age have proven to be at average power levels, but Kakarot being an adult for a day is an elite. He deserves to be an elite, which is what the proctors had hushed, but alas Kakarot was simply passed and doomed to stay in his rank. Gine was ecstatic when she learned that her son wouldn't have to die, Bardock had expected the news but showed a bit of relief since he had a wild but suppressed idea that Kakarot could be killed simply out of fear that he his strength was abnormal, and didn't respect the Vegeta Royal family line.

Kakarot didn't get mad at the news after hearing about why he deserved to be an elite for the past few years, he simply felt and vocalized that the proctors made a mistake, then he started started to exit his parent's house when Gine stopped him. Kakarot had been talking about challenging Prince Vegeta for ages, it was like a parasite relationship with Prince Vegeta being unaware of his hushed existence and Kakarot watching his duels to learn from him on loop, and to even envy him. Kakarot's envy could turn into a dangerous jealousy, which all jealousy is if he had let the truth of how the institution was trying to keep him as a low-class warrior as his every being for life. He would have seen the young Prince being praised, and having many opportunities that would be greater help to his fighting skills if he was in his shoes.

The truth was that Vegeta and Kakarot are both the only ever mutations (The third Broly is imprisoned on a far away world), and so they are the perfect competitors. When the Saiyans left Frieza's rule, they made laws that affected social life directly in which low class warriors couldn't do anything that would deme as getting to close in proximity to an elite. The low class were always dirt to them, and they are the ones who take full political control. Bardock thought of convincing Kakarot not to go challenge Vegeta, but he walked away to another room to avoid admitting that he hoped that his son could make a stand that a huge chance of him being killed for doing so. A stand for all low-class warriors to take...

And so, Kakarot lied to his mother that he would go take up another off-planet mission instead to fuel his fire, but we all know where he really went to.