Across The Road

❁❁❁

❁❁❁

Haruhi doesn't meet new people often- let alone at a cemetery

Typically, she's all alone in the small, quiet little block or so. It's an old cemetery, and most of the people burried no longer have people to mourn them.

Exept for today.

She didn't even realize there was someone behind her for a while. Hell, she didn't even remember there being headstones on the other side of the grass.

But, as she turned to get up after realizing the sun was setting, she found another girl sitting on the little bit of sidewalk across the road. The girl, hearing the sudden movement, looks up from the names on the headstones beside her.

Haruhi's chocolate brown eyes meet the girls own [color] ones. Haruhi, without even realizing it, starts to stare at the girl's clearly expensive sundress and desighner watch.

Suddenly, the girl giggles, and Haruhi jumps.

"I'm a bit dressed up, huh?" she laughs, messing with the watch a bit. "I've never really done something like this before, so I didn't know how fancy I should be."

"Oh- uh no not at all!" Haruhi stutters out, embarrassed being caught looking. "I thought you looked really pretty, thats all. Promise I wasn't judging."

The girl blinks, then smiles widely. "You think I look pretty? That's the best news I've heard in a while."

A little confused, Haruhi looks the girl up and down again.

Its then she finally notices then [color] haired girl's scratches and bruised along her exposed skin, and the prominent shake in her left arm that doesn't seem to stop.

Making eye contact again, she can tell that the happiness is genuine, although the girl's eyes are tired and droopy.

Haruhi doesn't comment on it though. The girl doesn't either, and the two fade into a comfortable silence.

"[Name]." the girl says, finally breaking the quiet. "I hope to see you again sometime...?"

"Haruhi." she fills in quickly, fidlding with her bangs a bit with a grin. "Same here."

The two of them stand- one with a little more effort and a stumble in her legs- and finally go their seperate ways.

Unknowingly, they'll see eachother again, but not for a very long time.