Chapter 9- Quiet on The Set

The next day on set, there was tension in the air. Lana wasn't being as close to me as she had been over the past few days. I could sense her distance, the way she avoided eye contact and kept our conversations strictly professional. It was clear she was still upset about what had happened with Ben.

We had several scenes to film that day, including a particularly intense argument between our characters, Vivienne and Regina. As the director called us over to explain the setup, I could feel the unease between us.

"Alright, Jenn, Lana, this scene is crucial," the director began. "It's a heated argument, full of raw emotion. I need you both to channel everything you've got into it."

We nodded, understanding the importance of the scene. As we took our positions, I couldn't help but steal a glance at Lana. Her jaw was set, her eyes focused on the script, but there was a flicker of hurt that she couldn't hide.

"Action!" the director called, and we launched into our lines.

Regina stormed into the room, her eyes blazing with fury. "You think you can just waltz in here and take everything that's mine?" Lana's voice was sharp, laced with genuine anger.

Vivienne sneered, stepping closer. "I'm not taking anything, Regina. You're the one who's always been threatened by me," I shot back, my voice rising with real frustration.

The argument escalated, each line dripping with bitterness and unresolved feelings. As we hurled accusations at each other, I realized we were both channeling our real-life emotions into the scene.

"You're so blinded by your own insecurities that you can't see the truth!" Lana spat, her eyes flashing.

"And you're so consumed with control that you've forgotten what it means to trust anyone!" I yelled, feeling the sting of my own words.

The intensity between us was electric, the lines blurring between our characters' conflict and our own. We were both using the scene as an outlet for our anger and hurt, and it showed.

"Is that what you think?" Lana's Regina hissed, her hands glowing with magical energy. "Let me show you what real power looks like!"

With a dramatic flourish, Lana thrust her hands forward, sending a burst of magic towards me. The special effects team had rigged the scene with a harness and wires to make it look as if I was being thrown back by the force of Regina's magic. I braced myself as the magic "hit" me, and I was yanked back, slamming against the wall with a force that took my breath away.

I gasped, both from the impact and the raw emotion of the scene. "You think that's going to stop me?" I shouted, pushing myself to my feet. "You're more delusional than I thought!"

Lana's face twisted with rage and pain, her character's struggle mirroring her own inner sadness. "I've had enough of you, Vivienne. You're nothing but a parasite!"

"And you're a coward, hiding behind your power because you're too afraid to face the truth!" I retorted, my voice shaking with intensity.

Regina advanced on Vivienne, her eyes blazing with fury. "I've sacrificed everything to protect what's mine. You'll never understand that kind of loyalty."

"Loyalty?" Vivienne laughed bitterly. "You don't even know the meaning of the word. You're just a scared little girl pretending to be a queen."

"Cut!" the director called, but the raw energy between us lingered in the air. We stood there, breathing heavily, the intensity of the scene leaving us both shaken.

"Great job, both of you," the director said, clearly impressed. "That was exactly what we needed."

As we broke for a break, I approached Lana, my heart pounding. "Lana, can we talk?" I asked softly, hoping to bridge the gap between us.