Chapter 19- Birds of a Feather: We Should Stick Together

Trigger warning!! Slight Violence... 

Two weeks after sending Paul the cease and desist letter, the tension in our lives began to ease. The kids seemed more relaxed, and Lana and I were slowly finding our way back to normalcy. However, Paul's threats still cast a long shadow over us.

One afternoon, while I was out running errands with the kids, Paul showed up at our house unannounced. Lana was home alone, tidying up the living room, when she heard a knock at the door. She opened it and froze. Paul stood there, a sinister smile on his face.

"Paul," she said, her voice steady but tense. "Why are you here?"

His smile widened. "Just thought I'd drop by for a chat. I got your letter... but you got mine, right?"

Lana nodded, not breaking eye contact. "Yes, we did. Come in."

She stepped aside, allowing Paul to enter. He looked around the house, his eyes lingering on the family photos that adorned the walls. The atmosphere was tense as Lana led him into the living room.

Paul wasted no time, turning to face Lana with a sneer. "You really think a letter is going to stop me?"

She remained calm, her eyes steady on him. "We're prepared to take legal action if you continue this, Paul. But I don't think that's why you're here, is it?"

Paul's expression darkened. "You're right. I'm not here to talk about letters."

Without warning, he lunged at Lana, his fist connecting with her jaw. She staggered back, momentarily stunned, but steadied herself. He struck again, this time hitting her stomach, causing her to double over in pain.

"You think you're so tough," Paul spat, his eyes wild with anger.

Lana straightened up, her eyes flashing with controlled fury, her fists trembling with adrenaline. "Are you done?"

Before Paul could react, Lana struck back. She moved with precision and speed, landing a series of blows that left Paul reeling. Her fists connected with his face, her knees driving into his stomach.

Paul tried to fight back, but Lana's hits and strength overwhelmed him. Within moments, he was on the floor, his face battered and bruised. Lana stood over him, breathing heavily but in control. "You picked the wrong house, Paul. And you picked the wrong family. Threaten my wife again. I dare you."

Paul groaned, clutching his broken eye socket and fractured cheekbone. "Okay, okay, I'm sorry! I won't release anything. I promise."

She stared at him for a moment, ensuring he understood the gravity of his actions. "You better keep that promise, Paul. Because next time, it won't end so nicely. And maybe I'll chop off those thumbs of yours."

Paul struggled to his feet, nodding frantically. "I get it. I'm done. I won't bother you again."

He stumbled towards the door, holding his injured face. Lana watched him leave, her body still tense from the fight. Once he was gone, she sank into a chair, her adrenaline slowly fading.

"Mother fucker." She sighed and smiled knowing she took care of the situation.

When I returned home, I found Lana sitting in the living room, her knuckles bruised but her expression calm. "What happened?" I asked, rushing to her side.

"Paul showed up," she replied, her voice steady. "He tried to threaten me, but I handled it. He won't be bothering us again."

Panic surged through me as I examined her bruised knuckles. "Are you okay? What exactly happened?"