Chapter 17

Dean walks into the cafe, his eyes scanning the place only to land on the dark headed trench coat dude, his eyes widening as he slowly makes his way over to the table. His heart beating faster as he gets closer, coughing slightly. " er...Cas?"

Castiel was currently chatting away to his brother and at hearing the familiar voice of his name, his whole demeanor changes. His body stiffening and his eyes widening, his breathing exhilarating as his brother Gabriel stares at him and then at Dean. Realisation dawning on the older brothers face as he practically beams. "Omg no way! Him...HIM CASSY? " he shouts, almost too excited as he turns to Dean, clapping his hands. "Oh Dean Boy do come and sit down "he smirks, patting the seat beside him the one opposite Cas.

He blushes but sits a bit awkwardly beside the person he didn't even know but looked a lot like Cas so he had that fact which was calming him down a bit. His nose still red and a bit broken. "I..er..Need to talk to you Cas....I made a mistake and I want to talk things through with you, make amends.....in private "he mutters, raising an eyebrow at Gabriel who was leaning into Dean, eavesdropping not so subtly either.

Cas who had been trying to make himself as small as possible finally looks up at Dean, his eyes widening in alarm. "W..what happened to your face?" Was the first thing that popped out of his mouth, mentally slapping himself.

"Oh...yeah I went round to your parents and this asshole appeared and punched me in the face thinking it was you..." he mutters, running his fingers through his hair in a nervous habit.

"I'm so sorry Dean! "he blurts out, reaching over the table to grab Dean's hand, ignoring his brothers childish giggling." Of course we can talk...in private" turns to glare at Gabriel who was smirking.

"Yeah...fine by all means you can go to the rented apartment to talk" he smirks, waving them away.

"Thank you brother...come on then" gets up out of the booth and drags Dean with him" we won't need your car it's only a minute walk...you can start talking if you want" he mutters.

"I don't...." he takes a deep breath as he walks beside Cas, his hands in his jacket pocket as he stares at the ground he was walking on" I was in an abusive relationship..." he mumbles.

Eyes widen, a small gasp escaping his lips" oh Dean I'm so sorry....what happened?" he mutters, reaching out to hold Dean's hand.

"Well...I...er was foolish and thought that what we had was love...he was called Sebastian and at the time I thought he was an angel, I thought that he loved me" he laughs, shaking his head" I was wrong of course, all he wanted was sex and nothing more. Used me as his own fuck toy."

He nearly chokes, tripping up as he squeezes Dean's hand" oh Dean that is horrible, how old were you?" he mutters, looking to make sure no one was hearing this as they kept walking.

"I was 14....I thought I loved him and he loved me. It wasn't until I turned 16 that I realised I had had enough of being treated like shit. I stayed with him for two years because I was worried that if I left him I'd be alone. He'd make sure to remind me that I was better off with him, he'd make me feel like shit Cas" looks at him, tears threatening to spill from his eyes" He'd made me feel like shit, he'd beat me up and fuck me and...and I couldn't do it anymore so I left." Chokes up" He never bothered looking for me and I was grateful for that....I truly was. To be honest he terrified me."

"Oh Dean....I wish I had of known this I'm so sorry" he mutters, not letting go of Dean's hand as they reach the apartment building. Pulling out the keys from under one of the flower pots and unlocking the door. Gently closing it behind them.

"Its okay Cas...you weren't to know and it was a long time ago so I should really move on its just....his words and his brutality with me..it..its never left me alone. "He sits on the edge of the bed, his head in his hands as he finally lets go and starts sobbing. "It..it's the reason I can't let you f..fuck me for Cas...I'm scared of it..it hurting again but...but that doesn't mean I..I don't want to try" he continues sobbing, tears rolling down his cheeks as he looks up at Castiel.