The Prelude 1

In the same month, three children were born. Haistulf Von Fjorde, grandson of the Emperor of Fjorde. Morana of the Ancient Order of Ther-Zul, a daughter created through generations of selective breeding to bring forth a prophecy. The two were fated to meet later in life and bring forth one child of many a part of a prophecy only one person on the earth knew. On the last day of that month, an unaccounted-for interloper in this destiny was born.

    Altan was born without a last name and wasn't even the first Altan born from the womb of his mother. As a name meaning "golden" the mother of Altan thought the name ironic as she only had kids to pay off her debts. This Altan wasn't the first and wasn't the last. Altan was sold off to a bandit caravan who were hoping to sell him to slavers. Unfortunately for them, they just happened to take a wrong turn while passing through the mountains...

    Batu Nergui stared out at the fledgling caravan. It was those kinds of bandits that he learned to not even have respect for. The kind that made their emblems and flailed them around like children. He looked behind him to his friend Abaka and raised his hand in the air, ready to give the signal to Abaka and his archers to fire.

    Batu took one last look at the men guarding the caravan, counting their numbers once again before finally closing his hand into a fist and releasing his falcon from his right wrist to attack the bandits. Arrows rained upon the thieves and immediately their numbers dwindled to almost none. Batu drew his sword and led his men down to take down any stragglers.

    The bandits begged and pleaded for their lives but all cries were ignored as the warriors cut them down with ease. That was until Batu came across one bandit holding something crying in his arms inside a carriage.

    "Wait!" He cried out, terror taking hold over him "Take him! Take him please use him as you wish just spare me! Look, I'll even tell you his name! It's Altan! Please oh god just let me go please my god!". Batu hesitated to even act. It was a baby. An almost fresh newborn that looked like it was starving. a Batu sheathed his sword and gently took the baby from the trembling man's hands and stared at its face. When Batu held him, the baby stopped crying. In fact, when the baby stopped making noise Batu started to worry but it faded when he still felt a pulse coming from him.

    Leaving the man shaking and begging in the corner of the carriage, Batu stepped out holding the newborn carefully in his arms. His thoughts immediately turned to how he needed to get the baby fed fast. Abaka came up to Batu to inform him that everyone in the caravan had been killed but when he noticed the newborn he asked "The gods give you a second chance?". Batu smiled at him slightly and turned his attention back to the baby.

    "Since your wife is gone... Mine can feed that one and take care of him when you're unable to" Abaka informed him. "What shall you name him? After what you wanted your son to be named?"

    "No" Batu replied "They told me he already had a name, Altan"

    "The name means golden..." Abaka noted. "Altan Nergui sounds fitting huh?". Batu nodded in response.

    Altan Nergui, Golden Boy with No Name.