The South Side (6)

"Hand."

A woman in a white uniform was standing in front of on of the doors in the assembly hall, that wrote GIRLS (13-18) wearing a dark mask that covered her face. I didn't know her, and this time I was sure.

"Give me your hand" she repeated

Your hand? In what, in marriage?

I had to give it to Emily, that was good, I was gonna use it.

"In marriage?" I asked with a slight chuckle.

She snatched my hand and poked me with a needle before i could even react.

"What was that for?!" I screamed

"Standard procedure. We need to collect blood samples every assembly" she said nonchalantly "Put some in here."

She held out a small vial that wrote my name. I hesitated but gave some blood and before I knew it she was shouting "Next!" and I was walking in with Vanessa and Delilah.

"What's the assembly for anyway?" I asked, rubbing my hand.

"We get to find out who's graduating from the 18 year olds" Delilah replied.

Wait a second. What?

"You mean they don't all leave at 18? They're legal adults aren't they?" I urged.

"Well, most of them do. But in some cases they don't, even if they are adults. And those who don't, go to..." she trailed off

"The South Side. South Willwood Academy. And they never get out." Vanessa said darkly "We had a friend here, she left before you came, her name was Felicity. She was the sweetest person alive but she had this rare-ass, bitch of a disorder, apotemnophilia or something, and it made her want to amputate parts of her body that were healthy. When she turned 18 last year we all thought she was okay but...she wasn't really. We found her a few days before graduation about to cut her foot off, and they sent her to The South Side. And the thing about The South Side is that no one knows anything about it, because the people in have no contact with the rest of the world. We never saw her again and...we never will. Happened to my mama too. They took her in aswell."

I felt a pain in my chest. For Felicity, for the twins' mother, for the girls, for Vegas and Tyrell, but for me too. Because whether i liked it or not, I had a feeling I wouldn't get any better.

A feeling that in 4 years I would move to South Willwood Academy.

The place people went in, but never came out.

NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR:

I apologize for not writing for so long, alot was going on. I will continue though, and if you want to help continue the story, you can message me or comment below any ideas you have!