• Chapter 2: The Roy's •

[Roy Mansion, Mumbai, India]

An elegant lady, adorned in a beautiful silk green saree, made her way down the stairs of her home. She rested herself on the couch while addressing the two men in front of her.

"Roy's! Listen up." Her calm, yet assertive voice was clear enough to grab the attention, "Sit down."

Two men sat in front of her. A mature man of 49 years and a 21 year old man.
"Yes, my dear." The deep voice of Mr Sunil Roy echoed in the halls.

Sunil Roy, the second son of Mr Sudhanshu Roy. He was in charge of the Roy Group of Industries and was in the Board of Directors, along with his father and elder brother. He was in charge of Roy Industries as they expanded from India to UK and other Middle Eastern countries. He had no involvement in the University of Bournbrooke, however his wife, Shambhavi Roy, held a position of leadership at the University.

Along with her clothing brand, Roy Fashions, she also managed the HR at the University and was involved in Roy Travels, her travel agency. Mr Sudhanshu believed that all members of the Roy family should be working at their own company and should have their own business they lead, to promote individuality, hence each man and woman had a company they ran.

"I want you both home by 4pm. We need to address the University's first official assembly together, along with Nayanika boudi and Bishwas Dada." Her face oozing elegance and authority.
"Yes Mrs Roy." Sunil held his wife's hand.
"Mayukh." She turned to face her son, "this applies to you as well."

"Yes Mom." A deep, dusk voice echoed in the mansion, belonging to the second child of Sunil and Shambhavi Roy: Mayukh Roy.

Mayukh Roy, a 21 year old business student at University of Bournbrooke. He was the second child of his parents, after his brother, Gautam Roy, and his younger sister, Jhanvi Roy. Mayukh was an attractive man, with a height of 6ft with black hair and light brown eyes. His body was sleek with a clean and lean chest and he had muscles in the right places. Tall and handsome, he was no doubt the most attractive Roy sibling amongst the 3, and his cousins.

Currently, he was waving his Mom a goodbye as he got into his car, a black Mercedes G class, as he made his way to his University.

"Dada!" A loud female voice screeched through the door just as he was about to leave.
"Yes Jhanvi."
Jhanvi Roy, the youngest sibling of the Roy family and most pampered. 18 years old, she was starting her final year of school, in the Convent National School, Mumbai.

A young girl of height 5'3, her jet black hair rested along her back, coming till her waist. She had her school uniform, a white shirt with a tie, along with a black skirt. Her face was deprived of any makeup however she was a splitting image of her mother. With deep dove, black eyes, and a relatively pointy nose and full lips, she was a beauty indeed.

"Dada, can you drop me on the way?" She asked, leaning against the car window.
"Isn't there a free driver?" Mayukh questioned.
"Dada, he's not feeling well. He is heading to the doctor, so I told him to go and said I'll come with you."
"Okay. Come in. Fast."

She made her way inside and the Roy siblings headed off to their respective places. Amidst conversation, Mayukh's phone rang.
"Hello Dada!" Jhanvi exclaimed.
"Janu. Why is she with you, Mayukh?" Gautam Roy's deep voice emerged through the call.

Gautam Roy, 24 years old and the oldest child of Sunil and Shambhavi Roy, had graduated University 2 years back and was now in the US, finishing his masters, before joining his father's firm. At the age of 24, he already had Roy Textiles and Roy IT solutions under his name, however he wished to persue his MBA prior to committing full time.

"Dada, the driver wasn't well. So I am dropping her." Mayukh answered.
"Okay. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I'm landing in the evening!"
"Landing?! Weren't you coming next week?"
"I was, but Mom insisted I come for the annual University talk. I'm in London right now, meeting a couple of friends, then I'll take off in 1 hour and will reach by 5pm your time. I'll come directly to the event."
"Oh! Perfect! See you Dada!" Jhanvi replied.
"See you bacha!"

Once the call got cut, Mayukh turned to his sister, "Come on mouse, let's get you to school!"

—————————————————————————

Feedback! ✨