Chapter 13

Featherpaw's POV

"Today is your Warrior's assessment" Mistyfoot said to Stormpaw and Featherpaw "We will first start with hunting" "Yes!" Stormpaw said, "Race you to the river!" Featherpaw started chasing after him but she caught Mistyfoot muttering "Where is that stupid mentor Leopardfur...".

Featherpaw and Stormpaw walked back tails high with fresh kill dangling from their mouths it took them ages to bring all the fish they had caught back to Riverclan camp. By then Mistyfoot was yelling at Leopardfur to help her to assess the two apprentices because she can't 'be in two places at once of course!'. When Mistyfoot finally made Leopordfur to assess Featherpaw's fighting skills it was already past Sunhigh. "FINALLY," Mistyfoot said, walking to the training hollow. Leopardfur huffed and followed her, Featherpaw and Stormpaw padded in pursuit. 

A  few hours later

Featherpaw sat excitedly next to Stormfur below the High rock. "I, Crookedstar, leader of RiverClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as a warrior in their turn. Featherpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?". 

"I do" 

"Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior name. Featherpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Feathertail. StarClan honours your bravery and compassion, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Riverclan". Crookedstar did the same thing for Stormfur. As the evening turned around Feathertail and Stormfur sat for their vigil. "I Should have told Gorespaw that I can't see him tonight," Feathertail thought.