Kazekage Rescue Mission [6]

Might Guy's team were just arriving at the cave when Sasori was done being dealt with. Tenten greeted Takashi with a soft smile and her spirit was high. Takashi returned her smiles, happy and glad to know his friends were able to handle the trap put into the seals they were releasing. 

"What took you guys so long?" Scoffed Takashi, teasing Might Guy's team. 

"There was trap planted in each of the seals. We had to defended ourselves against a perfect copy, but we managed by pushing ourselves on the spot. It was just like training, but sorry it took us so long." Rock Lee explained with a soft laughter. 

"So how's the situation?" Neji asked with a trained professional manner. 

"One of two is dealt with, but it's thanks to these two ladies over here. I was just a support, lending protection now and then." Takashi pat both Chiyo and Sakura on their shoulders but his light hearted moment was dismissed by Chiyo shoving two scrolls towards him. Now in his hand, there are two scrolls, one is green and the other is purple.

"Hm? What's this?" Takashi asked to the old woman. 

"Give that one to Kankuro, the other one. . . I've written it for you." Chiyo points towards the purple scroll while eyeing the green one. "You may only open the scroll after this mission is closed for good. So, take it home with you."

Takashi and Sakura kept their poker face as much as they could. Because if Chiyo meant everything she revealed about her technique, then she will no longer be alive by the time the mission is over. However after sadness comes a bit of joy. Smiling towards the grandmother, Takashi widened his smiles as he say. 

"My, I've grown on you have I? You pounced on me the first time we met, remember? We've come a long way, haven't we?" Takashi chuckles as Chiyo scoffed. 

"Pounced on? Takashi you've got games despite your youth!" Exclaimed Might Guy making both Sakura and Tenten laugh as Takashi was taken back by how wrong Might Guy has read the situation. 

"Not like that! She thought that I was my grandfather and wanted to kill me, can you not bellowed such embarrassing things out of the blue?!" Takashi retaliate as Lee and Neji couldn't help themselves and laugh as well. 

"Oh crap!" Takashi felt a spike and everyone were then alerted. 

"What is it, Takashi?" Tenten asked instantly as Takashi furrowed his eyebrows. 

"It's Naruto, he's getting out of control and has began to grow berserk. Let us all go and see what's going on. But please, follow my instructions until further notice." Takashi answered and all nodded. Takashi and Neji led the group and in no time, they were able to keep up with Naruto and Kakashi. 

By the time they had arrived, Takashi sensed that the other Akatsuki member took his cues to leave. On the other hand, Naruto's outrage was also taken care of, seeing as his father had succeeded on suppressing Naruto's chakra with a seal he assume is from Jiraiya.  

There he laid, his eyes closed and his body remained unmoving. There amongst the grassy meadows laid Gaara in front of all, unmoving as he was already dead for some time. Naruto was the one who took it the hardest, seeing as he truly cares for the Kazekage. They must've bond over the similarities of their fate and despite Naruto's promise that everything will be alright, Gaara bit the dust, there in front of young Uzumaki. 

Takashi then stood besides Naruto and Chiyo steadily but surely made her way towards Gaara. On her knees just besides the boy, Chiyo then outstretched both hands over Gaara. She then started her Reanimation Ninjutsu, sacrificing her life to bring back Gaara. Noting that her chakra grew weaker too soon, Naruto offered the old lady his chakra, purely out of kindness.