12. Cat Cafè.

It had been a week since Montgomery graciously let me stay with him during the winter break, and it was only getting closer to the holiday week. We had made a schedule for the two of us; spending three days with his family, one day to travel, and then three with mine.

Snow was already covering the grass outside, as well. It was the fresh powder that Lion loved to roll in. His thick coat kept him warm while out in the cold and made him extremely hot when he was in the warm house all the time.

Most of the sunny and snowy days of the past week I had spent the afternoon running around in the snow with my cat, Lion. He loved humans; there would never be a reason he'd want to run away. So I never had to worry about a leash and a harness.

On certain occasions, Montgomery would join us, and every snowball fight would end in the two of us cuddled together, covered in snow.

I never mentioned our physical relationship, and neither did he. We knew we felt the same way towards each other, so there wasn't much talking that needed to happen. Though I wanted to talk about it eventually so my questions about us would be answered.

It was Saturday when I woke up, a new crew of housemaids working around Monty's overly large home. I had always wondered how someone could want to have such a big house with no one to share it with.

Monty didn't have any pets. He didn't have any family or friends that stayed over often, either. It was just him in this empty house that he only visited two months in a year. And the weekend that we race in Georgia during the season.

But now I was here, along with Puma and Lion. I heard from the housemaids that Monty had never been this happy and talkative before I arrived. And my own life hadn't felt so full since I met him, either.

"Wanna go out for breakfast today?" Montgomery asked when I walked out of my bedroom and down into the dining room.

He wore his usual flashy red and orange colors, this time in casual clothes. "I don't see why not, but I'd have to get ready."

"I'll be down here. Oh, and bring Puma and Lion!" He called over his shoulder as I climbed the staircase again.

Why would I need to bring my cats? Were we not going out for breakfast? Either way, I got myself dressed and prepared to head out into public before putting together their backpacks that we bought at the mall.

It was a funny concept Monty saw; the normal shape of a backpack, except you carried your small pets in it. The back had a white window they could look through, making it easy to travel with your tiny friends.

When I found the brothers in the living room windowsil, I got them in their backpacks before giving Lions' to Monty. I wrapped lots of crocheted baby blankets a friend of Monty's made in Puma's backpack before helping him in.

Puma snuggled right into the middle of the nest I constructed, laying his chin on top to watch out the window.

I put my own coat and shoes on before we headed out, driving closer to the city before walking around the blocks, enjoying the business of Georgia before we made it to a... Cat Cafe?

I didn't expect to find one in the middle of the city, but it's cool that there is one. "I talked to the owners," Monty started, holding the door open for me, "they said that their cats and very friendly and they'd love if Puma and Lion came to visit while we ate."

"Gosh, that's amazing." I hummed as I walked in, the aura of the Cafe already overwhelming.

It was so cozy, almost like reading a book in front of the fireplace while it rained outside. The people already here were very calm and minded their own business while enjoying a coffee or some cats.