❧46

THE FOLLOWING EARLY MORNING

rajah's Pov

i woke up around 4:15 and began to pack and gather Ashanti's travel bag. there was no need to plan the trip so early but she was stressed and could be due sooner or later , plus there had been a delay in the child birth since I had been in the accident.

" Duijai!" I heard her groan and I rushed  to the bedroom.

There she was half way hunched off the bed ,breathing rapidly.

i rushed to her side and gently eased her to sit up handing her some water, she took little sips before she started to wine again, grabbing her stomach.

" what's wrong ?" i asked her as i tried to calm down from panicking .

" ca-call maggie and tell har code Red " she howled in pain.

I rushed out the bedroom and into the hall where maggie was putting on her coat. " she ago have baby now " i told her and ran to imani's room.

All of this was happening so fast, I barely got any sleep but right now I was super Excited to welcome my baby girl into the world.

"Mani get dressed " i told her and walked back into the hall seeing Maggie was helping Ashanti out the room. I grabbed my shorts and a Purple tee Putting them on.

Grabbing the bags bringing them downstairs, I dialed up Naj and told him to meet us at the hospital.

"BABY!" Ashanti screamed locking her legs tightly together.

Mi know seh right now she have a thousand reasons fi cuss me and blame me fi put har thru so much pain and shit .

But after all this, me affi mek it up to har and do something special.

" Get har inna the car" i told maggie grabbing the cars ad other household Items she may want after delivery.

We had made it to the hospital and got Ashanti pon ward , she didnt want me to leave her side but they said once she was dilated it would be best for me to be there with her .

" yow dawg " Naj says rushing inside with Dejah on his arm.

" we Mumma deh?" she asked with a toothy grin .

I noticed she was wearing an oversize tee from the other times since lately but mi nuh Wah suspect nothing and she think me a call Har fat ,

" Dem Seh mi Affi wait Likkel Suh dem ca sort Har out " I told them and Dejah gave me a hug , allowing me to feel a slight difference with Har tummy.

like di dawg guh een fi a kill.

I sat down on the bench and text in the group telling di man dem seh mi ute ago born shortly .

Ashanti's pov

Mi wah wull Rajah fi step inna him dutty face .

look how mi mek di germz come breed me, now mi a struggle fi push out baby from mi good ole. I looked around the place and respectfully i would plan to have home birth the next time.

Hear me like seh me a plan no more baby wid di crobait .

I could hear whispering inside my head, As if a angel was talking to me or me a get mad. But some spirit was talking to me . I began to close my eyes and pray begging God that whatever spirit that had been in this room or walking around does not reach me.

Suddenly I went into a deep trance and started seeing Dead people and To one I recognize was Reaching her hand out to touch mines and that's when I Felt a light tap on my shoulder and my Eyes shot open Revealing a Brown skin woman with a pixie cut.

" hey are u alright? My name is sade and I will be your Midwife along with my Work crew of females" she says with a soft smile.

Bared teeth and Eyes Squeezed shut , I felt the pain shocked through my Entire body . I Began to Scope out the ceiling to help myself stay calm, Sade held unto my fingers and Thats when I noticed the big Rock on her finger.

She probably been through this and had about 3 kids already since this is her job.

" yuh must really Enjoy this type of work, guess u had been in the ward yourself ?" i asked .

" I Am married to my handsome husband and gave birth to a healthy baby boy, Unfortunately My husband wanted another child and i was unable to proved that so he placed for a divorce, luckily because of my job and the fact our son hasn't come of age he agrees to stay together until our son is about 16 years old " she told me .

damn.....

I always planned for my child to have a 2 parent household but other people cant even provide another child even if they wanted too.

" Well enough about me , lets get that baby out " she smiled and began to push the bed back allowing me to be relaxed.

" WAIT- sorry, can get my boyfriend in the room please ?" i asked and she nodded sending one of the helpers to get duijai.

TIME SKIP

As a first time mom everything u basically wanted was to have your child call u mama and share these emotional moments with your boyfriend or Hubby, Here I was grasping the hand of my lover and pushing like my life depended on it.

" your almost there" Sade told me and i let out a shaky breath.

"MI caa dweet" i cried hugging unto rajah as he kissed my forehead.

" babe ya di most bravest girl mi see apart from Dejah an yuh can dweet" he assured me.

I grabbed unto his shirt and gave myself one last push hearing a Loud cry and a little bean getting taken from under me before I blacked out.

rajah snipet....

" want to do the honors ?"the nurse asked and I nodded cutting the umbilical cord. she placed a pin on the rest of it  and when to get the baby cleaned and checked then somethig happened.

Dawg right now tears deh a mi eyes eno. they tried to put a breathing mask over Ashanti face and tried to bring her back but her body was fighting as if something was holding her down.

Immediately i knew what to do and called Dejah sending the others into the room, removing the vile from around my neck and pour the substance into her mouth giving her some water to wash it down.

Her eyes shot open and she hugged me tightly looking around scared .

" dem gone clean up the baby" i told her and gave her a big hug watching everyone was ow in the room waiting for the bundle of joy to arrive.

" Well MISS Bailey welcome your Baby girl and congratulations , the staff with be here to sign up her name and other stuff .

𝐀𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞 . 𝐑𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐧. 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐊𝐄.❤️