𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟳(ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ)

Eᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏᴜɴᴅs, ʟᴇᴛ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴜɴꜰᴏʟᴅ,
ⵊɴ ᴄʟᴀʀɪᴛʏ, ᴏᴜʀ ᴍɪɴᴅs ʙᴇʜᴏʟᴅ.
Fᴏʀ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇᴀʟɪɴɢ ᴅᴇᴇᴘ,
Tʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴡᴇ sᴇᴇᴋ, ᴏᴜʀ sᴏᴜʟs ᴡɪʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ.

                     Fᴏʀ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇᴀʟɪɴɢ ᴅᴇᴇᴘ,                 Tʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴡᴇ sᴇᴇᴋ, ᴏᴜʀ sᴏᴜʟs ᴡɪʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ

The whole ride was silent. I sat there, my mind racing with fear and anger, trying to piece together where he was taking me.

After a few minutes, the car came to a stop near a tall, tower-like building. Aziz parked and got out, walking around to open my door. What an asshole, pretending to be a gentleman.

As soon as I stepped out, he leaned in close and whispered,

"𝐁𝐞𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞, 𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞."

I nodded in fear, the threat clear in his eyes. He grabbed my arm, his grip firm, and led me towards the elevator.

He pressed the button for the eighth floor, and we rode up in silence. My heart was pounding, a mix of fear and anger coursing through me.

When the elevator doors opened, Aziz again grabbed my arm, steering me down the hallway towards a flat.

He pressed the bell button, and after a few moments, a woman opened the door.

I braced myself, thinking he might be involved in some horrific scheme to sell girls.

But before I could let my imagination run wild, the woman spoke.

"𝐀𝐳𝐢𝐳 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐚, 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞? 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝? 𝐈𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭?"

She bombarded him with questions, concern etched on her face.

To my surprise, she stepped forward and hugged him tightly. Aziz, usually so cold and distant, allowed the embrace and even managed a rare smile.

"𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨  𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬," he said with a softness I had never heard before.

She smiled warmly. "𝐘𝐞𝐬, 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐬𝐤—𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨."

Her eyes shifted to me, and her smile brightened. "And who is this beautiful lady with you?"

Before I could respond, Aziz cut in. "𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐚𝐝𝐢'𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭."