☆PROLOGUE☆

Happy Reading ✨️

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Each step, each round of the holy fire, led Meera and Shreyansh into a life they never expected, never planned, and never even imagined. Once strangers with separate paths, their lives were now intricately tangled, bound by fate's unpredictable design.

"Now, fill the partition with vermillion on the bride's head," the priest announced. Shreyansh pinched some vermillion between his fingers. As an elderly lady unveiled Meera, Shreyansh's gaze fell upon her tear-streaked face. Her eyes remained tightly shut, as if shielding herself from the harsh reality unfolding around her. With a heavy heart, Shreyansh filled her partition with the sacred red powder, some of it falling onto the bridge of her nose.
"Aaj se aap dono pati patni hai, vivaah sampurn hua," the priest proclaimed, declaring them husband and wife.

A wedding is supposed to be a joyous celebration, a sacred union filled with love and affection, the beginning of two lives intertwined in harmony. Yet, their wedding felt like a solemn ceremony devoid of joy. No music, no laughter, no celebration.

Shreyansh stood up from the mandap and walked away, leaving Meera sitting there, still covered by her veil. Her fingers fidgeted with a pendant, the name "Vikram" etched into it.

A fresh wave of tears cascaded down her cheeks as she caressed the initial of Vikram's name. Unable to hold back her anguish, she whispered his name, "Vikram," before her body gave in to the overwhelming emotions and she fell unconscious.
---

"Meera! Meera! Meera!" her sister-in-law, Priyanka, called out in panic as she rushed to her side. The guests gathered around, confusion and concern etched on their faces. Meera remained unconscious, her face pale and lifeless. No one seemed to understand what had gone wrong.

Her brother, Arjun, scooped her up in his arms and carried her upstairs while Priyanka frantically called for the doctor.

Meanwhile, Shreyansh was nowhere to be seen, as if he had vanished into thin air. The air was thick with unanswered questions. Why was everything so somber? Why was there no joy in this marriage? Why had Shreyansh left so abruptly? And who was Vikram? Why had the mere whisper of his name caused Meera to fall unconscious?

The silence in the house was deafening, broken only by the occasional murmur of concerned voices. Everyone was left to ponder the mysteries surrounding this ill-fated wedding.

---

Meera lay unconscious on her bed, the room filled with her family and friends as the doctor checked on her.

"It was nothing serious, just a bit of stress. Nothing to worry about," the doctor said, putting her stethoscope back in her bag.

"Is there anything else we should be concerned about, doctor?" Kaveri, asked, her brows knitted in worry. She sat beside Meera while Priyanka sat on the other side, holding her hand.

"I'll prescribe some medicine. She will be fine," the doctor assured them, starting to leave. She turned and asked, "Does she suffer from any kind of trauma?"

The room went silent. Kaveri's eyes filled with tears as she covered her mouth, trying hard not to burst into sobs.

Arjun and Abhimanyu escorted the doctor out of the room.

"Kaveri, sambhalo apne aap ko. Tum toot jaogi toh bachon ko kaun sambhalega?" Kaveri's husband, Nitin, said, placing his hand on her shoulder.

"Vikram... Vikram..." Meera muttered in her unconscious state. Kaveri broke into tears. "Kya bigada tha humne kisi ka? Kya bigada tha iss bachhi ne kisi ka jo ise ye sab sahna padh raha hai?" she pleaded, crying. Tears broke from Nitin's eyes as he hugged Kaveri.