2|●

Happy Reading ✨️

.........<>..........<>.............<>...........<>.........

"Please papa please don't do this I can't live without him!" Meera yelped at the top of her lungs. She was standing in the hall, clutching the fabric of her kurta so tightly that her knuckles turned white. Her eyes glazed with tears as she plead at the man in front of her.

Before she could say another word, a stinging slap landed on her cheek, sending her crashing to the floor. "You will do as I say! I am your father!" Rajesh shouted, pointing his finger at her. She got scratches on her knee, slight bruises on her hands and wrist

Meera looked up, tears welling in her eyes, not just from the pain but from the betrayal she felt. As she saw her brother standing there as she expected that he would take stand for her but he just stood there. He never dares to speak against his not even when his sister is treated like this.

"Maine toh pehle hi kaha tha, itni chhoot de di tumne ise. Jaldi ghar se vida kar dete toh aaj ye din nahi dekhna padta," Aarti spat her venom. Aarti, the elder sister of Rajesh, was even more conservative and orthodox in her mindset than Rajesh. She constantly filled his ears with poison against his own children, and being the eldest, Rajesh trusted his sister over his own children.

Living in this house had never been easy for Meera, not since childhood, and it got worse day by day. Leaving the house had never been an option for Meera; she was stuck here.

Rajesh always resented his daughter. He hated her to the core. Meera constantly craved love and attention from her father which she never get, she was even willing to sell her soul to receive even half of the affection he showed towards his son and his niece and nephew. But sooner she realised that maybe she can't be loved.

Her eyes filled with tears, not just from the physical pain but from the deep-seated hurt of never being good enough in her father's eyes.

As Meera sat on the floor, the sting of the slap still fresh on her cheek, she didn't dare to utter a single word. Holding back her tears, she remained there, silent. Meera was neither strong nor bold; she had never raised her voice against her father. But today's incident had dragged her to the verge of bursting out. She had done everything from topping her class at school to sacrificing her dream of becoming a dancer just to get a decent job, all in an effort to be his perfect little daughter. But Rajesh couldn't care less about her efforts.

"I failed at raising you. You are a scar on this family," Rajesh's words stung her heart. She knew she was not enough, that she was not a good daughter to him. Despite trying her best, his words broke her spirit.

"Don't blame yourself, brother. She is exactly like her mother," Aarti's cruel words weighed heavily on Meera. She had grown up in this toxic environment, enduring years of emotional neglect and abuse. Aarti never missed a chance to bring up her mother, only to degrade Meera. Was it her fault that her mother left when she was ten? Was it her fault that her mother cheated on her father and abandoned her to bear all the suffering alone? Meera broke into sobs, her vision blurred by tears.

"You will marry the man I have chosen for you, and you better throw this sickness of love out of your head," Rajesh said, clenching his jaw before leaving the room.

"Aye, ladki, stop this crying. Get ready. The boy's family is coming to see you this evening," Aarti spat and left. Arjun tried to run to Meera, but she held up her hand to stop him. This was her daily dose of torture. She could bear anything but the thought of marrying someone else, especially someone like her father. The very idea sent shivers down her spine.