1|●

Happy Reading ✨️

..........<>..........<>.............<>...........<>.........

A years ago......

"Dad, why do you want me to go there? You are the chief guest. What will I do there? It will be a waste of my time," Shreyansh said, clearly annoyed by his father's insistence on tagging him along to a college foundation day. His father had been invited as one of the founding members of the college.

Shreyansh, being a workaholic, was not a big fan of parties or events. He mostly kept himself busy with work, and his family often joked that his work was his true spouse. He rarely attended family gatherings, only showing up if it was very important.

"It's important, beta. Your grandfather was a founding member of this college, and then I took over. One day, you'll have to handle these responsibilities," Nitin said, looking out the window.

"Why are you even trying to emotionally blackmail me? We're already here," Shreyansh said as the driver stopped the car in front of J.L. College.

"I was not blackmailing you," Nitin replied, looking away.

"Please, Dad. Okay, I know you and Mom very well. You two are great at acting, especially with your puppy eyes," Shreyansh scoffed.

"So, what are we even asking you for? It's just a simple request," Nitin said, turning to him.

"I am not getting married," Shreyansh replied bluntly.

"But why? There must be some reason. You keep denying it without telling us why," Nitin asked.

"I don't know. Right now, marriage is not what I want. And if I did want to get married, Rupali is not my type," he said, making a face.

"And what exactly is your type?" Nitin asked, looking at him in amusement. It was the first time Shreyansh had expressed any preference.

"I'm not sure right now. I need more time," Shreyansh said, looking away.

"You're 28, Shreyansh. How much more time do you need? You know Vikram will get married before you, and you'll still be figuring things out," Nitin said, feeling a bit offended. He knew that with the way Shreyansh kept himself busy with work, he would never find a girl. Unlike his younger brother, who was his complete opposite-adventurous, charming, and popular among the ladies.

"Then get him married. At least you all will stop bothering me," Shreyansh said, opening the door and glancing at J.L. College.

"I didn't expected to waste my day here" Shreyansh said shaking his head.

"Well sometime unexpected things becoms the best memory" Nitin said and Shreyansh looked at his dad in suprise why he said that "Let's go now you are wasting my time", his father said patting on his shoulder as They both entered inside.

..........<>..........<>.............<>...........<>.........

"It has successfully wasted two and a half hours of my time, Dad," Shreyansh whispered to his father, feeling thoroughly bored by the long speeches, annoying shayaris, and mediocre performances by the freshers. He was seated in the front row, surrounded by men in their fifties, as part of the founding members' seating arrangement.

"Just a few more minutes, and it will be over," Nitin said, ignoring his son's glaring. He was enjoying himself, chatting with friends of his age, while Shreyansh felt out of place-too young to fit in with the professors and too old to mingle with the students.

"And last but not least, we would like to announce one final performance by a member of our faculty from the history department, Assistant Professor Ms. Meera Sharma," the host announced loudly. Shreyansh silently thanked God that it was about to end.