3|●

Happy Reading ✨️

Present time..

..........<>..........<>.............<>...........<>.........

"Kick the rice pot with your right leg and enter inside",Kaveri held the Aarti thali in her hand, her voice gentle but firm. as she instructed Meera who was now standing at entrance of Rajwanshi Mansion. Shreyansh was standing to her right holding their gathbandhan in his hand.

Meera did as told, her movements deliberate, almost mechanical. She lift her lahnga and gently kick the pot as they both entered inside.

Their ride in the car had been awkward, the air thick with unspoken words and heavy with uncertainty. They made sure their shadows couldn't even touch each other, an invisible barrier keeping them apart.

Meera had dreamt of marrying into the Maheshwari family, a dream she had cherished since the day Vikram introduced her with his family. Her wish was fulfilled, the house is same where she wedded her in--laws are same, except the Man she was suppose to marry. it felt like a bitter victory. She never imagined she would marry Shreyansh, her fiancé's elder brother, not even in her wildest dreams. But now it was her reality-the harsh reality she had to live for the rest of her life, all to honor Vikram's last wish.

Shreyansh, too, had never envisioned this turn of events. It was never ment to be happen it's Vikram's Meera, and never his she can never be his.

He recalled his brother's last words, spoken with a weak but determined voice: 'Bhaiya, everyone will cope with my death. Everyone has someone by their side, but she only had me. When I'm gone, she will shatter into pieces. I don't want her to live like that I want you to hold her, be with her, and make her happy and only you can do this please take care of her.''

Shreyansh's heart ached as he remembered Vikram's dying pleas. He felt a deep helplessness, an emotion foreign to him, gnawing at his insides. He had always been the strong one, the problem-solver. But now, he was tasked with a promise that felt like an insurmountable burden.

As they stood together at the threshold of their new life, both Shreyansh and Meera were bound by a loss, tethered to a promise that neither of them had chosen.

"Reeva, take Meera to Shreyansh's room for rest. We'll hold a small reception tomorrow, till then she needs to rest" Malti instructed. Reeva walked towards Meera, who stood pale, her expression blank. Tears welled in her eyes as she stared at Vikram's portrait in the hall, now adorned with a garland.

Her eyes flooded with tears as if she was on the verge of crying. Her mind filled with his runnig memories; their memories his smiling face his eyes shining everytime he looked at her with affection. A lone tear escaped from her eyes and fell on her hand ; henna inked hand she stared at her wrist the bracelet with the intial of his tied on her wrist. This all she has in his memory.

She found herself caged in the memories of Vikram.

"Bhabhi," Reeva called softly, breaking Meera from her trance. Meera looked at her, lost. "Let's go," Reeva said gently, taking her hand and leading her to the room.

"Shreyansh, come to my room. I need to talk to you," Malti said, and Shreyansh followed her without a word.

Meanwhile, Meera found herself in Shreyansh's room, feeling out of place. She had visited the Maheshwari house countless times, familiar with its every nook and cranny, but she had never entered Shreyansh's room. She never needed to, and never thought life would turn out like this.

The room was twice the size of her old bedroom. It smelled of leather, and unfamiliarly masculine. With most of the furniture and curtains in black. A huge bed dominated the space, with a couch in one corner and a wardrobe in another. The stark, masculine décor made her uneasy. Anxiety crawled over her at the thought of having to sleep in the same room, live a life like a married couple-all the things she had dreamed of with Vikram.