Protection

*Extra oneshot based on chapter 4 of 'What if...? Duskwood', but you don't need to read it to read the OneShot, it's just an idea I had, take it as a deleted scene, hehe. I hope you like it. *

Macie

    I was removing my makeup, remembering when M.H. had looked at me and blushed. I gently wiped the makeup remover across my lips, thinking about what it must have been like if I had kissed him with this lipstick on. Unfortunately, they weren't the kind that left a mark, and I want to mark him.

  "What am I thinking?'' I shake my head. I don't know him well enough to think this way. "Too many romantic series, Macie,'' I tell myself, quickly finishing removing my makeup, wanting only to go to bed and wake up to go to work and... Hoping to find a new lead to go see him.

    I pick Henry up and carry him to my room, placing him on the bed while I change into my pajamas.
    It's then that I hear the notification sound and rush to my phone hoping that maybe M.H. has found a clue, although maybe he's sleeping? It's already quite late to be on his phone. Or it's like I thought, he's a vampire and that's why he doesn't sleep and wears hoods so the sun doesn't hit him, because it would show the skin of a murderer.

    "Only I think these things,'' I laugh and look at my phone.

    Unfortunately, I frown when I read where the notification came from.

    From the dating app.

    Yes, I know, it's weird that I downloaded one of these, but I actually did it because I was looking for a specific guy and I was hoping that maybe I'd find him here.

    Or at least... Find a guy like him.

    I was planning on deleting the app after yesterday's conversation with Mister Hacker, but I forgot because of work. And now I have a message from a guy I'm not interested in.
    Time for rejection.

    I look at his photo. He's the complete opposite of him. Blonde and grey eyes. He wasn't the guy I'm looking for. And I know... I shouldn't judge by appearance, it's just something I've been looking for for years. But I've given up long ago. So much so that I don't even know why I still have this app and haven't set up my rabbit farm already.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ernst
Hi Macie, how are you?
I'm Brian's friend, Lian told me I'd meet you here

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I smack my forehead. Seriously, Lian? Did you really tell him to meet me here?
    I take a deep breath. Well, it's Lian, she wanted me to meet him. And I'm sure it must have upset her to have to tell her that she wouldn't be able to go to dinner.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Macie
Hi Ernst
I'm sorry Lian told you this
🤦‍♀️​
What a shame

Ernst
Don't worry
The truth is that I wanted to talk to you anyway

Macie
Ah
Hey, I'm sorry, but I have to tell you that I'm going to delete this app now

Ernst
Ah! Better for me!
You can give me your phone number and we can chat

Macie
No, that's not what I mean 😅
Look, I'm really sorry I didn't make it to dinner, but something unexpected came up
I'm sure you're a nice guy and all, but I really don't have time for dates lately