Break Up

Juliet's dress was moist with the mud in the ground, she groaned in irritation and she felt so uncomfortable by everyone's gaze at her, she stood off the ground and walked away.

It was getting quite dark, and the weather so cold, and windy most of the guests had left.

Mia stood besides Jansen's grave staring down at it, and tears were soaking her face. The wind wrapped her like a scarf, Mark observed her shivering and he approached her.

"feeling cold?"

He took his coat off his body, and placed it on her gently.

"want coffee?"

"I don't feel anything at this moment, I don't care to eat, or drink. I am just waiting for the pain to go away so I can feel alright again but I guess, I never will. I still can't bear the thought that Jansen is no more."

"aren't you being so selfish right now?"

"what are you talking about?" she arched a brow looking puzzled.

"you wanna have Jansen all to yourself without considering Juliet. You were able to mourn him, spend time with him until the last moment, but you could not give Juliet an equal opportunity even though she helped saved Bella's life."

"that slut has no right to be with Jansen or spend time with him."

"but she put her life at stake for Bella. Couldn't you even show her a little consideration? Or have you become so cold, and insensitive? A heartless person. That woman did a lot for you, couldn't you let your anger go for just a little while? You were being so selfish. Heck, you even humiliated her." he snapped.

Tears immediately rose in Mia's eyes threatening to obscure her vision. She was deeply hurt by Mark's words, she felt a lump in her throat.

The wind was becoming so whirl, it blew hard against her body the scarf on her hair flew off and strands of her jet-black hair plastered across her face.

"how can you call me selfish? Insensitive? That woman isn't worthy of anything, she shouldn't have a chance or a moment with my late ex-husband!" she snarled at him, "she ruined my whole life, how can you scold me because of her?"

"it's because you are turning into a totally different person consumed by too much anger I am not recognizing the person I fell in love with anymore. That Mia who was loving, and kind, who isn't this cold and merciless Mia standing in front of me. Have you taken a look at yourself in the mirror? You look so weak, sullen, and stressed I'm worried about your health. And what I'm scared of the most, is you changing into a cold, bitter person, and having a heart of stone."

"but I love you Mark.., " her voice was cracking horribly, "and that's all that should matter right? Don't be scared of me, it's the pain inside of me that has turned me this way please be patient with me."

"What I saw today was so scary for me, I didn't know who you were anymore. I saw so much anger in you while you looked at Juliet. Such hate like you could kill or hurt someone I'm scared someday you'll be pointing a gun to Juliet's head and turn in to a criminal. I do not want you to act reckless like you did in the past."

"don't be mad at me. I'm just under a lot of stress, I can't control myself from acting wild or nasty when I come face to face with that slut."

"there.., that anger. Enough!" he gritted his teeth at her, "if you won't stop letting your emotions get the better of you, it's best we quit this relationship."

Mia gasped flabbergasted by his words, and she was shaking in anguish.

It was suddenly starting to rain. The sky has been over cast with dark, heavy clouds.

Mia and Mark were standing outside the hall, their clothes were getting soaked by the rain. Mia felt her chest about to explode with pain thinking of Mark's words. Heavy streams of the rain blended in with the tears in her face.

"Mark.., please don't say that, " she grasped his hand affectionately, "don't leave me please." she sniffed.

"all I want is for us to be a happy couple, but how can we if you keep so much hate, and bitterness in your heart? I am scared that you might do something wrong by your anger, and it might affect our relationship. I don't wanna lose you, or wait till we drift apart. So let's just end this before we hurt each other."

"no...., " she pleaded with a weak voice, "you promised me you won't leave me Mark, you promised." she tried to fight back the tears in her eyes.

"since you won't listen to me, or care about my feelings, what's the point of this relationship?"

"no Mark..please don't leave me, " she grabbed him in her arms snuggling him, "don't.., I love you Mark."

"you love me or you love your anger more? I can't deal with this feud between you and your sister anymore. I can't cope, " tears rose in his eyes, "I never thought I will be saying goodbye to you, but you brought us to this point."

He pulled her away from him, "good bye."

She tried to hold his hand but he edged away from her. She stared at him sorrowfully as he departs the graveyard, and she howled, "Mark... Mark! I love you, Mark please come back to me." she wearily dropped to the floor in her knees, and cried till she got so exhausted.

At 9:08 in the cold night, Mia drove towards the city hospital in her black dress, and walked towards Bella's ward so she could feel a bit of comfort and warmth in her arms.

However, while she stepped into her room and stared at her lying motionless, and listless in her bed, she felt coldness in her chest anxious of Bella's condition. Ever since her successful operation, she had been in a coma. When Mia spoke with Bella's doctor, he said to her, "your daughter's injury was intense, it's hard to tell when she's gonna wake up. It may take a year, seventy weeks... or worse, a lifetime."

"Bella darling, " she held her hand and was stroking her cheek tenderly. Her hand was trembling in sadness, "wake up baby. Wake up for mummy. Mummy is so tired, and lonely and you're only one whom I have left. Wake up so we can spend time together okay?"

At 10:08 later that night, Mia was feeling so restless thinking of Mark she dialled him up. He crouched in a classy bar, Sunrise bar downing a glass of liquor. He heard his phone ringing noisily in his jacket, and he threw it away soon as he saw it's Mia calling.

"why aren't you picking up?" Bob, his friend seated with him looked at him with a frown, "that's your girlfriend."

"Ex."

"so? Pick her calls dude, she still likes you."

"no!" Mark snapped and stamped his glass cup heavily on his table, "she won't ever learn. Right now, she is so consumed by anger. I want her to live a normal life, free of hate and bitterness. How is she going to change her attitude if I keep overlooking her?" he sighed.

Five days after.

Juliet was having a weird, and strange feeling Jansen is alive. She woke up in her bed in a cold morning perceiving his usual body smell all over her, also, she found a strand of his hair on her pillow.

Last night, at 11:08, Juliet arrived at Sunrise bar.