movies

MONDAY EVENING

LUCA'S POV

I take a sip of a burning hot cup of tea that is placed in my sweaty, pale hands. It's the chamomile tea that Giulia made for me; I was feeling a bit anxious today. There isn't much that I should be anxious about today, but I guess I am.

I'm planning on getting a job at the local library. It sounds fun, doesn't it? I can organize books, read to kids, and help people with what they need. I'm going to enjoy it, but I'm just worried that I'll do a horrible job and that I'll disappoint everyone. 

I started panicking a little bit, so Alberto and Giulia calmed me down. They're the best.

"You'll do great," Alberto reminded me while rubbing my back. Dio, I loved that so much. He was so sweet.

I walk into the living room where Alberto and Giulia are placed on the couch. Alberto is sitting up while Giulia lays her legs on his lap, taking over the rest of the couch. Giulia is wearing a white tank top with blue shorts that extend to her knees, so they're just shorts for boys. She doesn't really care. She has that much confidence.

I nervously look around for somewhere to set my tea, and then I find a small accent table and carefully place the hot tea there. I walk over to the couch, looking at Giulia and Alberto back and forth. 

"Um.. I'll just sit on the floor," I declare as I settle myself into a sitting position on the living room carpet. 

"Oh, Luca! You can just sit.. uh.. erm- Hey Giulia, can you stop hogging the couch?" Alberto suggests.

"I'm not hogging the couch!" Giulia defends. "I am in a perfectly comfortable position that just.. uh.. so happens to take up a large part of the couch."

"So you're hogging the couch."

"Nuh uh!"

"Yuh huh!"

"NUH UH!"

"YUH HUH!" Alberto screeches as he tries to shove Giulia off the couch. Giulia grabs on to the couch, attempting to keep her place. They continue to fight and fight. I fold my legs and press my knees against my chest, and then I wrap my arms around my legs. I feel anxious again. I don't want to be the cause of my friends arguing.

Alberto bites Giulia's arm and she yelps.

I can't do this anymore.

"STOP!" I shout as I stand up as straight as I possibly can, clenching my fists. Alberto seems absolutely terrified, while Giulia is kind of shocked, but she also seems proud.

"Dio, I am so sick of you two fighting!" I admit. I fidget with the bottom of my navy blue shirt and my eyes start to sting. "Is this really how we're gonna spend our summer?"

Alberto looks away in guilt and shakes his head slowly. Giulia stares at me and also shakes her head, but almost like she's shaking her head in fear. She's impressed.

I clap my hands together, "So, we are going to sit down and enjoy this evening, correct?!"

They both nod quickly.

"And we're gonna get along, correct?"

They nod their heads again.

"Great." 

Giulia sits normally and I sit down next to Alberto with my arms crossed. Alberto looks at me, he seems really worried. Oh Dio, did I upset him? He seems like he wants to say something, but is choking on his words.

I look into his emerald eyes, looking a bit worried. 

"Are...-" Alberto starts, then he pauses. "Are you okay, Luca?" 

I appear shocked, I'm glad he worries about me. But am I okay?

"Yeah, yeah," I start, then I take a deep breath. "I'm just worried about a lot of things. I'm sorry I yelled at you."

"It's alright, I'm used to it," Alberto replies.

I appear so worried and so shocked, because I am. My eyes start to sting and a tear falls. I wipe the tear away as fast as I can so Alberto doesn't see me cry.

"Luca, don't worry! I'm fine now, and it's all because of you. So, um.." then he pounces onto me and gives me a comfortable, tight hug. I wrap my arms around him and bury my face into his shoulder.

We stay like this for a while. He's so warm and comfortable. I really don't wanna leave.

"So.. are we gonna watch a movie or what?" Giulia interrupts. Alberto shoots her a death stare and I fidget with my fingers. 

"Um, yeah. Let's get to it," I reply.

"This movie is called Il Suono della Musica! It's a musical and it's really good, trust me!" Giulia introduces.

Alberto rolls his eyes and seems disgusted. He isn't really a big fan of musicals.

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been half an hour already, I think. It's a nice movie, but I'm just not in the mood to watch it. It's for Giulia, though.

Silenzio Bruno.

I situate myself to lay down. I rest my head on Alberto's lap and I rest my legs on Giulia. She doesn't mind. I hope she doesn't. 

I look up at Alberto and he seems a bit flustered. Dio, he's so cute. He starts to get a bit comfortable with my position and rests his hand on my forehead. My face turns red and I try to stop myself, but it's no use. Alberto chuckles and leans his head backwards.

I feel myself getting a bit drowsy.. I don't think I'll make it through the whole movie. Hopefully Giulia won't be mad. 

Buona notte, everyone..

A/N: hello !! im so sorry this chapter is short, the next chapter will be the continuation or whatever you call it.. i hope you liked this one !! <3

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED JULY 2024

EDITED OCTOBER 2024