Chapter 10: Apologies: Move One Step Forward.

"Trin-Chan?" Ori finally broke the silence that surrounded us like a deep fog. "Is your hand okay?" I followed my eyes towards Trinity as well. We had been having a good amount of fun working out with Miss. Stephiana. It turns out the upstairs floors also had a few other rooms as well, such as a large dance studio for the dance club. A room with dark blue matts on the floor, and a few dummies that could be punched. She was walking us through a workout with fairly heavy, two pound weights. (At least to me they weighed a ton) Trinity had been hiding her hand behind her back for most of these lessons. She got a bit more sensitive about the subject once Mama Becca came walking up the stairs about 20 minutes later. Miss Stephiana quickly intercepted the woman, taking her aside where they still stayed talking in hushed voices.

Trinity sighed as she pulled her hand out so we could look at it. The skin on her knuckles a bit tore and sore looking. "It's not that bad."

Ori quickly looked around as if she was trying to find something to wrap her knuckles up with. "Why did you tell someone so you could see the nurse..." Ori trailed off a bit as the realization of why seemed to hit her. "Mill-Chan is in the nurse's office."

"And I don't want to see that dumb bitch for the rest of the day." Her eyes looked over at me, and I saw a flash of anger of what happened appear in her eye. "She is always doing some stupid prank or something, and she takes it too far. I can't stand her sometimes!"

"She couldn't have known about me." I answered. "I have never changed or undressed in front of her."

"She still shouldn't be hitting people with a towel anyway. Especially when her aim sucks, she nearly hit me in the eye once." Trinity flopped down on a bench a rare pout appeared on her lips. She looked so much smaller and exposed when she was angry like this.

I walked over towards her, sitting down on the space beside her. While Ori sat on her knees, and took Trinity's hand in her own. "So you punched her in the nose because she hurt me?"

"I did," Trinity remarked. "And I would do it again, no one hurts my friends, even other friends."

"We are friends?"

"As far as I am concerned you became my friend when you moved in." Trinity's lips curled up as she looked at me. So much warmth in that one eye of hers. "I hope you feel the same about me one day."

"I felt the same today, now that I know what you did for me." I gave her a smile back as I slowly laid my head against her shoulder. "Thank you."

"Don't worry about it."

I felt Trinity body tense slightly as Mama Becca came walking back over to us. Her eyes traveled unto a nervous Trinity, and then back onto me. At least she didn't look really upset or mad, her eyes held disappointment for Trinity but concern for me. Mama Becca was wearing cream colored pants, and a long sleeved shirt of a matching color. "Ivy, are you okay, sweetie?"

I quickly nodded my head, though to be fair I was not doing that good. Every time I closed my eyes even for a moment I could still see that outline of two figures I wanted to forget. "Trinity was only defending me."

"She really was." Ori added. "Mill-Chan was being too rough and hit Ori on her back. So it is not Trin-"

We went quiet as Mama Becca held her hand up. "I know, I heard what happened, and I heard from Millicent when I spoke to her in the nurse's office before I came. I am surprised that little girl is trying to take all the blame on herself." Mama Becca looked down at me once more. "Millicent can be a bit more rough, but she didn't mean any harm to you Ivy. It is eating her alive right now, so if you don't mind. Maybe much later tonight or tomorrow, she can come see you. She wants to give you a proper apology."