23 | Noah

To be completely honest, I'm not even sure how I ended up here. The last hour has been one giant blur of haunting memories and rash decisions. Dylan was back in town and I was on my way to see him because the message he sent me was ominous and it gave me a weird feeling that things were going for the worse between us. So I had to see him, talk to him.

As I leave my car I hurry through the heavy snow, running towards the front door that has a brooding stormy figure waiting for me already. He probably spotted my approaching truck.

"What in the hell do you think you're doing?" Dylan storms behind me as soon as I pass the threshold. His blue eyes are blazed, making them appear almost dark in the afternoon semi-darkness.

"What?"

"What are you thinking coming here in this weather?!" He's shouting at me. His anger pours off him in waves, grating against my skin. Oh how I missed him.

"It wasn't that bad." I'm shaking the snow off my hair and it forms small puddles on his nice new wooden floor. Shit. Something tells me I'm fucking this up even more.

"I specifically told you not to come until it stops snowing and the patrols clear the snow off the roads. I told you, tomorrow."

"We are at work tomorrow."

He pinches the bridge of his nose with his index finger and thumb, letting out a heavy sigh before continuing. "Then after work. Jesus, you never listen."

"Well, who pissed in your cheerios today?"

"You. You did. Do you have any idea how dangerous it can be out there? With almost zero visibility, icy winds and heavy snowfall. This old truck could have stopped by the forest and the bear would have got you. Do you even have bear spray with you?"

"Woah, a bear? I think you're overreacting."

"No, I am not. There are in fact bears, we live in the wilderness in case you haven't noticed. Some of them have not yet hibernated. And you don't take anything seriously. You think you can do whatever you want without any consequences."

"Why don't you tell me what your actual problem is with me?" Something happened while he was away. There is an ugly thing inside of me, growing like a tumor and it might burst if I don't let it out. "Where were you?"

"I went to see my old man."

"Really? Why are you being so secretive about it?"

I can practically see the steam pouring from his ears in thick clouds. "I'm not being secretive."

I wish I wasn't like this. But the thought of him not being in my life anymore makes me act irrationally. And I can't stop the next words from coming out. "Are you fucking someone else?"

Wrath paints his face, fury swimming in his eyes. He lets out a frustrated breath, lip curling into a sneer. "No. I'm not fucking someone else. That's what I can get from you whenever the fuck I want, don't I?"

I flinch at his cruel tone. He's up in my face and there is something in his eyes I can't describe. Anger yes, but something else, something close to sadness, despair. "Isn't that why you came here for now too? Go on, bend over that kitchen counter. No need to even take all your clothes off, why bother when you're just a hole for me to fuck?"

I feel blood rush to my face, as every word hits me like a bullet. "Shut up." My voice is barely a whisper.

"No, I won't shut up," he seethes. "I've been quiet all this time but I had enough of it." He unzips his jeans, then the belt. There's thunder in his eyes.

"What are you waiting for? I'm ready to go, Noah. Look how fucking hard I am for you!" He has a firm grip on his hard-on that I can see straining his tight boxers and he sounds like he's disgusted by his own biology."You make me hard even now, it's driving me insane. You drive me insane!"