1. Mistake Kit

Bluekit swiped at leaf, slicing it in half. She giggled softly as the leaves floated down, resting on her muzzle. She shook it off as more leaves started falling. She stood on her hind legs slicing at the leaves.

"Look at the mistake kit," jeered the kits. Bluekit dropped back on all fours her ears perked. She turned around, spotting her sister Lilykit leading the group. All the kits followed up to her. Especially Mudkit, since everyone knew he had a crush on her.

"You must be talking about yourself," retorted Bluekit walking past Lilykit and her group. She heard the kits fell silent.

"You will be sorry for what you did fox-dung," snarled Lilykit launching herself at Bluekit. She felt tiny claws latch onto her shoulders. Bluekit stumbled rolling over Lilykit. Lilykit unlatched herself and Bluekit backed away. She saw Mudkit rush at her, and felt claws graze her shoulders. Bluekit let out a whimper and fell to the ground.

"Hollyripple!" yowled Petalkit rushing towards Lilykit. Wolfkit staying next to Bluekit helping her up. The jet-black queen rushed out racing towards a dazed Lilykit.

"What happened," asked Hollyripple franticly.

"Bluekit made fun of Lilykit and attacked her," meowed Mudkit while Petalkit nodded in agreement. The queen snapped her attention towards Bluekit and snarled.

"That wasn't true! Lilykit called me a mistake," hissed Bluekit shooting Mudkit an accusing look.

"Because she was right! You are the mistake," snarled Hollyripple cuffing Bluekit harshly, her claws half sheath. She saw her mother carry Lilykit back to the nursery with Mudkit and Petalkit following and laughing softly. She felt tears cloud her eyes.

"Are you okay," murmured Wolfkit. Bluekit forgot he was there.

"No, I'm just a mistake," cried Bluekit drawing a paw over her ear where her mother cuffed her hard.

"No your not."

"Why doesn't Hollyripple love me. My pelt contains scars from her," whimpered Bluekit licking the cut where Mudkit had done. She felt Wolfkit lick between her ears.

"Mudkit and Petalkit lied. Mudkit is a love sick cat. Petalkit just thinks if she is friends with the most likely future leader."

"Lilykit is the prettiest she-cat in the clan. Why don't you go after her," murmured Bluekit staring at Wolfkit in the eye. Wolfkit didn't answer but just turned his head away from her stare.

"Can you leave me alone," ordered Bluekit swishing her plumpy tail. Wolfkit nodded trotting back to the nursery. Bluekit stared after him. She wanted to go to the place where she can find answers. Bluekit walked slowly to the medicine cat den. Her leg stinging from where Hollyripple had cut her before. She peered into the den, smelling of herbs.

"Kestrelstalk," she said softly. The brown and cream tom came out from the shadows. His green eyes that were always expressionless now softened.

"What happened now Bluekit," asked Kestrelstalk beckoning the kit in. She stepped in cautiously as Hollyripple would come out and kill her.

"Lilykit made of me and I retorted back. Then she attacked me. Mudkit attacked me then called for Hollyripple. She cuffed me hard again," cried Bluekit. She buried her head into the tom's fur, tears streaming down. "Why doesn't anyone like me," she asked after a few moments.

Kestrelstalk looked down at her. "It's complicated." The cream and brown tom walked to the herb storage pulling out some black seeds. "This is some poppy seeds to help you sleep," meowed Kestrelstalk all the pity in his eyes gone and was now replaced by his expressionless look. Bluekit sighed, licking up the seeds. Bluekit stumbled out without a goodbye. She saw the glares of the warriors follow her. She was used it as the warriors never did anything when Hollyripple had hurt her.