22. Causes

Hollyripple looked up, her dark green eyes peering to his amber eyes. Restrain and frustration pooled in his eyes as he glanced down at her belly. Feeling self conscious, she tucked in her hind legs and flipped over. She heard Darkblaze let out a sigh, shifting around her. The grass rustling around her.

"You know I'm not pressuring you," he mewed, desperately trying to change the subject.

She shot a glare at the dark tom, pushing herself up. Seriously? Pressuring me? I want kits but... She let out a sigh of frustration

"Stop changing the subject Darkblaze."

The blue-grey tom let out a noise of annoyance, lashing his tail. "I know Nettleclaw asked you to be his mate. And you said yes."

Hollyripple paused, guilt bubbling inside her. She glanced, sideways. "How did you know?"

"I snuck into Thunderclan camp. You are bad at patrolling your borders."

Hollyripple dug her claws into the waving grass. Confusion boiling inside her. That's the same day when Squirrelclaw, the deputy, was murdered. She snuck a glance at him, his amber eyes blazing with fury as he gazed over the Shadowclan land. His plumy tail waved across the dirt, sending pebbles everywhere.

---

Hollyripple paused, tears pricking at the corners. Bluestone lifted her head from Aspenfall's shoulder, glaring holes into Hollyripple's pelt.

"Aren't you going to continue?" asked Stormfang, coldly from where he was holding back Nettleclaw.

The golden-brown growling, as he dug his claws into Scartalon's moss nest. The black warrior looked up, a sigh escaping her mouth.

"No, I'm not," she mewed. "It's late and Leafkit needs to go to bed."

Bluestone let out a sigh. The story isn't over. She ended it on purpose. What did Darkblaze do? She glanced down at the brown kit, curled up between her legs. Her blue eyes snapping open but quickly shutting close.

The blue warrior grabbed a sleepy Leafkit in her jaws, and weaved around the crowded warriors. She paused, as the scent of Stormfang washed over her. She felt a growl rumble in her throat but forced it down as he exited. The weak moonlight glared on her as she spotted Scartalon sitting right outside. His blue eyes glazed over as he looked up.

"Bluestone," he mewed, looking up, "We have two moons."

The blue warrior resisted a whimper, her eyes wavering over to Stormfang. The pale grey tom was standing in the shadows of the den, looking over the camp. I guess he's joining.. She let out a sigh, beckoning him over with her tail. Confusion shone in his dark blue eyes as he jumped down from the Highledge.

She tightened her grip on Leafkit, bounding towards the empty apprentice den. She entered the stone den, the cold atmosphere welcoming her. She dropped the brown kit onto a makeshift nest, where the kit curled into a tight ball. She scooped over some old moss with her paws, making the nest bigger to fit her.

"So, you're staying here," mewed Bluestone, making Stormfang jump as from where he was laid down.

"Yes," was all he said. "But Blossomstar has agreed to ally with Thunderclan on a couple of conditions."

"Why are you telling me this," she asked, looking up.

She froze as he met her gaze. "Bluestone, you started this. There's a reason Hollyripple ended the story."

"You mean my birth," she hissed.

"No, you started it. When you first met him, you created a war. You weren't suppose to meet him. He was hunting for his next victim.."

"Who would of been his next victim?" she asked, plopping down next to Leafkit.

"I don't know."

They sat in silence, for a few moments. The soft chirping of the birds filling the air.

"Stormfang, how do you know?" she asked after a few awkward moments.

She stared at him through the shadows. Moonlight shone on his pelt as he shifted towards his. His head cocked towards her. His eyes shimmered with regret and guilt. The shadows poured out from the moonlight; dancing around in the caves.

"I helped him.. I helped him capture a kittypet.. He raped her.. Then forced her to have his kits.. I don't know what happened but after that I ran.. Blossomstar never knew what happened, she only let me go on an expedition when I barely became an apprentice."

Bluestone gazed at him in sorrow before dipping her muzzle towards Leafkit. She ran her muzzle along her mentor's kit.

The one Nightstreak abandoned.

She let Pebblekit use her for training.

Mosspelt caused it..

And now Mosspelt is deputy..

Very, very short chapter. I know, please don't scold me. xD But anyways, so the reason I uploaded this very short chapter was because to at least put a chapter out and to tell you I won't be uploading for a couple of weeks. I decided to redo all the chapters to fix all the grammar and fix the story plot. I noticed that I had a lot of subplots that I totally forget. Leafkit, being an example.

Anyways, enough of my rant. I hope you enjoyed as always and please comment. Well you don't really have too for this one...