Chapter 1

Very long time ago, there were two people who were from two different families and they lived in two different colonies. There was a young lady who was born into a very wealthy family with being very loyal to King George III. Another is a young gentleman who was born into a high class family in South Carolina who lives in the countryside. They didn't even know that their lives changed forever after they helped each other out in starting a new life in South Carolina. The couple were her parents who had adventurous spirits in having freedom from the high society in the colonies. It was 1758 when her parents were married in a small ceremony with her mother's brother and her father's family. They were very happy when they had their first daughter after living in South Carolina for a few years and then they had another daughter after they moved to Philadelphia in the colony of Pennsylvania.

Then, things began to change in the colonies after the Boston Tea Party happened in December of 1773. Things changed although the colonies were forcing people to pick a side of the British or Patriot; her family were patriots in wanting freedom and independence from the British. Her father left home to join the other patriots who were fighting for their independence against the British. She still remembers when her mother got a letter from her father saying that the revolutionary war had begun in the colonies after the Battles of Lexington and Concord. Her mother was having a very concerned look on her face after she read aloud to her three daughters. She knew that her mother had to raise her and her two sisters as her father was fighting with other patriots out somewhere in the colonies.

It was summer of 1775, when the Second Continental Congress formed the Continental Army and made George Washington the general of the Continental Army. She began to find a way to get her letters to her father with help from Sarah, who was a journalist for Pennsylvania Gazette. She recently got her father's letters from Sarah, who was her faithful friend. Sometimes there were events during the revolutionary war that could change your life forever and find the courage in your heart to take the risk to help others.

🦅
⚔️
🪻
⚔️
🦅

One year later, it was summer of 1776 when there was a small family, who was trying their best to live their daily life in Philadelphia as the revolutionary war was happening. There was a thirteen year old girl who was working on her needlework in her lounge inside her bedchamber. Until she heard a knock on her door being her eldest sister who was holding her basket in her hands.

"Amy, it's time for us to go to the Tarpley, Thompson, & Company Store to get fitted for our summer outfits and next we head to the general store. Then we could stop by the Pennsylvania Gazette to see if they have any news about what is happening in the colonies." Amelia's eldest sister said to her little sister, Amelia got up from her lounge and grabbed her shoulder brown bag on the edge of her bed after she put her book back in her bookshelf. She joined her eldest sister out of her room into the hallway to the stairs to the front door and they joined their little sister and mother in their carriage outside in front of their house. Amelia and Isabella climb into their family's carriage and their driver drives the carriage through the street road to the Tarpley, Thompson, & Company Store. Amelia joined her two sisters and her mother inside the Tarpley, Thompson, & Company Store. Amelia does indeed enjoy having new summer outfits like her two sisters who were more excited than her.

🦅
⚔️
🪻
⚔️
🦅

Later that late morning, Amelia, her two sisters, and their mother were walking out of the general store towards their carriage after they finished grabbing some things. They climbed into their family's carriage and as they were heading home, Amelia noticed soldiers running throughout the streets as they were excited about something, until her mother stopped their carriage near the Independence Hall to join in the celebration. Amelia noticed a very familiar face in the crowd to make her walk through the crowd as she realized it was her father. She runs towards him to jump into his arms to make her so happy to see her father after being gone for almost two years. She looks at her father with happy tears in her eyes as she always believed in hope that she would see her father again.