𝘚𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘖𝘧 '83 𝘋𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘥𝘦𝘥

After The Read:

An explanation on how Jo managed to convince everyone that the Maplewood Campers were behind everything and even that the camp was "haunted".

Throughout the story there are NO supernatural forces even though it may have seemed like it, besides one small part at the very end of the novel in the flash forward. Everything else was Jo, it all led to her.

If you have any questions that are not answered below , let me know in the comments!

ACT 1

1 - Camp Silver Creek

Chapter Name: Simply referring to the name of the camp.

Song Choice: Call Me - Blondie. I just love this song and thought it would be the perfect opening song.

Clues & Correspondences:

- The first quote Jo says "Drops of cherry red fell from my cold hands staining the water of the creek below." This was the first clue that Jo was the main villain/killer (I say mainly because technically, Billie, Tommy, and Finn also killed people).

- Jo talks about loving Beth but she also says "There were times where she angered me so much, I thought I could kill her." Foreshadowing the last chapters.

- She mentions the town of Clearwater, a little easter egg to my last story.

-On the schedule it says Cabin B-13 in the corner before Jo and Beth realize they aren't cabin roommates.

- Jo says "Or maybe it was because I knew I had to grow up, become independent so that after summer's end my childhood could rest behind me." Which meant that before they even arrived to camp, Jo was planning on confronting Beth about their problems in the friendship.

2 - B-13

Chapter Name: The number of Jo & Billie's cabin.

Song Choice: Don't Fear The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult. Of course I had to add in summerween's anthem.

Clues & Correspondences:

- Jo mentions looking at paintings in the lodge that Billie painted. The lake, the creek, the lodge, the forest and bear head which are all the murder spots at the end of the book. This also foreshadows what might have happened to Billie after she killed Jo, the police may have thought it was more than a coincidence that Billie just so happened to paint the murder sites, or not.

-Jo mentions when she went on a hike with her campers and some of Beth's friends, they point to the mushrooms telling her they were poisonous, these would be the same mushrooms they ate and hallucinated from.

-Jo says "Beneath the night sky, I fixated on the moon, aware that the girl I held in my heart, also swam in the waters alongside us." Which meant that not only did she have a crush on Billie but she had a small crush on Beth as well.

- MY FAV EASTER EGG: Beth and her friends mention another counselor named Lottie (Charlotte), who they call loonie. They mention Lottie was "crazy" like her mother, who had spent years in an insane asylum. Beth asks Jo if she remembers that incident that happened a long time ago in Clearwater with the founding family The Whitlocks. Since Jo and Beth's town, Timervillie was right beside Clearwater they knew some of the story.

Lottie is the daughter of Elanor Fitzgerald-Whitlock (Who also happens to be, who Scar from White Hot Forever & Overheated was influenced by to create the crimes that she commited "in the name of love."