Confession

The retreat was winding down, but Kehinde and Abi's bond was growing stronger with each passing day. Their shared experiences had created a deep connection, one that neither had anticipated.

On their last full day, they decided to spend the afternoon by the lake. They found a secluded spot where the water was calm and the trees provided a cool shade. Sitting side by side on the grassy bank, they dipped their toes into the water and enjoyed the peaceful ambiance.

Kehinde broke the silence first. "Abi, I've really enjoyed these past few days. More than I ever thought I would."

Abi smiled softly. "Me too. It's been...refreshing. Getting to know you has been one of the best parts."

He turned to look at her, his expression serious. "There's something I've been meaning to tell you. I came here to escape more than just work. My life in New York is...complicated. I've been feeling lost, like I'm not sure who I am anymore."

Abi nodded, her eyes filled with understanding. "I get that. Sometimes we get so caught up in our responsibilities that we lose sight of ourselves. That's partly why I came here too. I needed to reconnect with what's important to me."

Kehinde took a deep breath. "Being here, with you, has made me realize that I need to make some changes. I want to find a better balance, to do things that make me happy rather than just what's expected of me."

Abi reached out and took his hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "You're not alone in this. I've been thinking a lot about my own life too. Meeting you has made me see things differently."

He smiled, feeling a warmth spread through him. "I don't want this to end, Abi. I don't want to go back to New York and lose what we've found here."

"Neither do I," Abi admitted. "But we don't have to. We can keep in touch, visit each other, see where this goes. I believe that if something is meant to be, we'll find a way."

Their eyes met, and in that moment, the world seemed to fade away. The connection between them was undeniable, a bond forged through shared experiences and mutual understanding.

As the sun began to set, casting a golden glow over the lake, Kehinde leaned in and kissed Abi gently. It was a kiss filled with promise and hope, a silent agreement to see where their journey would take them.

When they finally pulled away, both were smiling. "Let's take this one step at a time," Kehinde said softly. "We have something special here, and I'm not ready to let it go."

"Neither am I," Abi replied. "Let's see where this adventure leads us."

Hand in hand, they watched the sun disappear below the horizon, their hearts filled with anticipation for the future. Whatever lay ahead, they knew they would face it together, their lives forever changed by the unexpected bond they had found at the retreat.