15: Cheers!

A/N: This is what I think Zeru looks like!
---------------

Zeru was taken aback but not completely shocked when a villain broker approached his crew for him specifically. The man who scouted him brought him to a hospital, and to a specific dark room. The only light in that room was a TV's static screen. Zeru arched a brow at the TV that simply read 'Audio'. "What is this?" Zeru looks back but the doctor left the room.

"Welcome Jun'ichi," A playful masculine voice comes from the TV. It was mocking and cruel, "I like to hire you." Zeru smirks and cocks a head to the side. What trash thinks it can hire him?

"It's Zeru and what do you want?" The boy spoke. Zeru is seventeen young and handsome with jet-black hair and dark grey eyes, with small gauges in his ears was the only rebelling he did against his birth parents in this new ugly world. Zeru begins to turn around.

"I will pay you to watch a student for me." The voice spoke again, a hint of a smirk in the man's tone.

"I'm listening."

"We'll be watching," Old Lady Suki said in a calm tone. You look back to see the three sitting at the dining room table. "Do you're best, I'll record the fight so you two can see after school," Suki spoke to you then the little kids.

"Can't we skip school?" Hibiki asks, he wants to see the entire UA sports festival as it aired not afterward. Etsuko nodded along as she ate.

"You can't skip your second day of school," Suki chides as she starts cleaning your dishes.

"See you later," you bid your goodbye and head out.

You felt like you were going to war. You could hear the trumpets and drums of war, beating in your ears. You could smell the blood in the air, feel the achingness in your muscles, and taste sweat on your tongue. You shake your head and let out a sigh.

This isn't war.

You're not going to kill anyone.

"Stop... I am not a warlord anymore," You say aloud trying to clear your head of the grim fate of preparing for war has done to you. You couldn't think straight. You have to take things seriously and when you do you think of war. Your mind is wired for war, twenty years of straight war. How do you overcome something that's etched into your bones?

War is not kind.

It is not glamorous or noble.

War is cruel and dangerous.

No good men come out of war, only survivors.

"I am not going to war." You state loud trying to convince your mind that you don't need to fight for your existence, for your life. "This is simply play." This is nothing more than a glorified sparing match.

This isn't an agni kai.

You stop walking, your heart is raging and your mind is shutting down, ready to let your body do what it does naturally; fight. You turn your head skyward feeling the sun kiss your skin.

"Not now, not here. Not now, not here. Not now—"

"TOKA!" Your chanting is cut off by Denki's loud cheerful shout. You're heart sank.

"Avatar Toka!" The cheerful voice of Bumi calls out. You turn to see his yellow soul shining brightly. How was he so happy?

"Bumi." You were barely fifteen, a young general in the Earth Kingdom's army. In one year you be married, Bumi's sixteen your only friend who isn't intimidated by your status as general or Avatar. He was a recruit, young and novice.