19: No Peace

"... You're a child..." The young man spoke, tone incredulous and cold. You stared up at him in awe, he was five years older than you and seemed very built. His soul took you by surprise, it was fieryred and bloodthirsty and not at all amused. He did not like you. "Beifong you would betrothed me to your child?" There was a hint of disdain.

"She is the Avatar." Your father protested. You've won the war, you gave your father the ability to sell you like cattle.

"Who or what is that?" This young man, Zeru asks. Your father explained. The boy didn't believe the story, but he did believe your powers— power is everything.

You didn't want to marry this boy, this stranger and enemy. You wanted... you wanted Bumi, anyone but this arrogant boy. You wanted to cry to argue back, but your father was not a kind man. He was a general, you were a soldier first before his daughter. There was no warmth in the Beifong mansion, only cold stone.

Your life simply vanishes before your eyes... You were nothing but a pawn— a pawn of your father, of fate, of your nation. That day you first wished you wish you could be anyone but the avatar.

You slept like a rock.

And when you woke up you felt like complete shit. 

Zeru... Your father... Bumi... Méng Yáo... Fire Lord... God you hated your past life. What joy was there but your children? 

You rub your eyes, it stinks and you feel small tears land on your fingertips. What failure you are... You let out a shaky sigh, the voices of your children are long gone from your memories, the color of their souls fading with time. "Get a hold of yourself, waste not on the past... Zeru that bastard is here." You grumble.

You groan like an old person crawling out of bed, hunched over body sore, not from the fight with the kids, no only one person could ever make you feel exhausted, Zeru. You went downstairs stomach so empty you were light-headed yet oddly not hungry but the moment you drink water you will finally feel hungry.

"Morning sleeping head," you hear Old Lady Suki speak up. You sensed no one else the kiddies were gone for school or whatever, you had these next two days off. "Hungry?"

"Starving."

"Naturally," before you know it a feast was before you. You stuff your face, one thing about this country you hate is the yearly body test, they do it for everyone, and if you don't meet the standard you're shamed by the teachers. You were always an "Overweight" kid by the government standard, but in reality, you were just buff, corded with muscles and a layer of fat, it's only natural for someone who has muscles, especially a woman. One thing Suki did better than other foster parents was she never shammed her kids. Never once did she tell you to lose weight for being "overweight".

After you eat you get up, your mind is muddled and heavy. You sigh gather the plates and put them in the sink. You went back to bed and rotted away the day. You don't know how many hours pass, you just lay there like a dead weight, trying to go back to sleep. You were still sleepy but couldn't sleep a cruelness only the gods would do.

"Denki is here," You hear Old Lady Suki shout up for you. With a loud old man grunt you sit up and shuffle for your door. You could hear Denki walking up the stairs.

"Dude, where did you go?"

"I went home." You said letting him into your room.

"Why?"

"I was tired."

"Anyways, I got your phone, shoes, and clothes... Oh, and your metal." You sense Denki drop your things onto the ground and hop into your bed getting under the covers and getting comfortable.