Chapter 4

On a Saturday morning in New York City, out of habit, Percy woke up early before the sun rose, it was 5:45 a.m. which meant that no one was awake yet. For some time she just laid still on her bed contemplating. "I wonder what has changed since I left?". She mumbles to herself in thought, she was aware that she had missed out on a lot when it came to living a normal person's life so with that determination, she decided to start her day by heading to Central Park. She walked along the bustling streets. Oh how she missed the noisy streets of her home, the sound of honking taxis and chattering pedestrians filling the air. As she approached the park, the city noise faded into the background, replaced by the soothing sounds of nature.

She entered Central Park, greeted by the sight of towering trees, blooming flowers, and winding paths. The park was alive just as she remembered it with people jogging, walking their dogs, and enjoying picnics on the lush green lawns.

Percy strolled through the park, admiring the beauty around her. She passed by the Bethesda Terrace, its grand staircase leading down to the picturesque Bethesda Fountain. The angelic statue seemed to come to life as water cascaded down her outstretched arms.

Continuing her exploration, Percy reached the Central Park Zoo. She hadn't visited this place since she was a little girl so couldn't resist stepping inside, eager to see the diverse array of animals. She marveled at the playful sea lions, the majestic snow leopards, and even encountered an adorable red panda.

After spending a few hours immersed in the wonders of Central Park, Percy found a quiet spot near the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir. She sat down on a bench, taking in the breathtaking view of the Manhattan skyline reflected in the calm waters. It was a moment of tranquility amidst the bustling city. It seemed some things changed yet never changed.

It was a moment of reflection, where the weight of the world seemed to lift off her shoulders, allowing her to fully appreciate the beauty of things around her. It was a good nostalgia.

As the day wore on, Percy bid farewell to Central Park Zoo and the other places she explored, her heart filled with the memories of the vibrant city. She knew that even though she had to return to her demigod duties, she would always carry the spirit of New York City with her, a reminder of the endless possibilities that awaited her beyond the camp's boundaries.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

                           - Timeskip -

Percy walked through the front door, her mind still buzzing with the vibrant energy of the city. It had been a fulfilling day of exploration, but as she stepped into the familiar warmth of her home. The idea of a family outing, just like old times, seemed to ignite a spark within her.

She found Sally in the kitchen, the comforting aroma of her cooking filling the air. She turned around, a smile lighting up her face as she saw Percy. "Oh, Percy, you're back! How was your day?" she asked, wiping her hands on her apron.

Percy returned her smile, feeling a surge of excitement. "It was great, Mom! I was actually thinking, since we're all here, maybe we could go on a family outing. You know, like we used to when I was younger."

Sally's eyes sparkled with delight at the suggestion. "Oh, Percy, that sounds wonderful! It's been too long since we've had a family adventure. Let me just finish up in the kitchen, and we can start planning."

Percy nodded eagerly, her heart brimming with anticipation. She made her way to the living room, where she found Paul engrossed in his newspapers, sipping his tea. Percy cleared her throat to get his attention.

"Hey, Dad," Percy said, a hint of excitement in her voice.

Percy had always seen Paul as a father figure and would sometimes call him Dad to which Paul didn't mind as he also saw and treats her as his own. Most of the neighbours would mistake them for actual blood because it wasn't so often that a step-parent would love their step children as equal as their own biological child. Plus if She was being honest, Paul is 10× a better father to her than Poseidon ever was. It was rather unfortunate that Sally didn't meet him sooner rather than later, perhaps then maybe life would have been a lot easier during her childhood days (referring to the abuse they had gone through with smelly Gabe).