New Beginnings and New Worlds

You know what is so fun, being a sixteen-year-old orphan, nobody wants a sixteen-year-old. I'll never get a home; I'll grow up and age out. I don't have any friends, I've always just been a loner, I mean it didn't help that I never got picked. So even the one time I did make a friend she ended up leaving within a year. Not to mention the fact that I have been moved from orphanage to orphanage, I don't really know why, I think they wanted to see if I had better hope somewhere else, but it never worked.

Now you may be wondering how did you end up in the orphanage in the first place? Well, I don't really know, see I have heard that they just found me, I have also heard that I was left on the doorstep, who knows at this point. I used to dream of what my parents look like or why they left me, is it bad that I hope they died, and didn't just chose to leave me. After some time, I realized it was pointless to dream about what a family was like. Maybe someday I'll find someone who loves me, and I'll have a family.

Anyways, it was a normal afternoon or at least normal for me, sitting on my bed in the attic, I asked to be moved to the attic to have some privacy from all the little kids, I was reading a book, some old book that had probably been at the orphanage for centuries. I don't really know what is going on in the book if I'm being honest, I was kind of just reading to read. Distracting my mind so that I don't think about what happens tomorrow. Tomorrow is the 'fair' basically a thing to show off the kids and people come and see them then maybe pick a kid or two, I make it sound worse then it is. It really is great a lot of kids meet their forever family there, but it is just endless suffering for me, fair after fair never getting picked it honestly gets boring. I'm just ready to age out and leave start my own life, you know. I would love to just skip this whole fair thing entirely.

While I was sitting there mindlessly reading, I started to get this weird feeling, then this gold magic looking glittery dust started to swarm around me. Suddenly I wasn't sitting on the bed anymore, I was in this weird pink-ish mist. I was in a weird blue and gold dress and my hair had changed. Then if it wasn't weird enough already, I started changing, I almost looked like a cartoon. What is happening? This isn't normal, right? Am I going crazy? Suddenly I was coming up out of water, when did I end up in water. Definitely going crazy. I started to swim up to the top. When I reached the top of the water, I look around to see... Unicorns? what and fairies? Mabey elves because of the pointy ears. I'm so many levels of confused right now. I try to swim without being noticed but I don't succeed, a pink haired fair/elf looks at me.

"Who are you? Where did you come from?" The pink haired one said looking directly at me, bringing everyone else's attention to me as well.

"Umm, I'm Isla, and Ohio." I really don't know if they will know what or where Ohio is but worth a try. After I said Ohio the girl with the pink has a face of shock.

"You're from my world. How did you get here?" She is from my world ok, maybe she can help me.

"I guess so, and your guess is as good as mine on how I got here." I reply, I also really kind of want to get out of the water, "Umm, is it ok if I get out of the water?"

"Oh yeah, come on." As I go to swim over to them, I see a unicorn with a tale instead of back legs swimming around in the water with me. suddenly it is right in front of me neighing, but I can understand what it is saying. I'm for sure going insane. The unicorn told me to wait in the water for a moment while she looked at me, weird but ok. I just stay there as the unicorn swims a circle around me. The unicorn doesn't say anything to me and just swims over to the others telling them that I can be trusted. So, I start to swim over to them, hoping it was ok with the unicorn in the water.