Chapter 6: Do It Now Remember It Later

Simon returned home a smile plastered on his face. It was a long and somewhat boring meeting but he was getting paid pretty well and it didn't really infringe on anything he wanted to do.

He entered the shared house to see Senna standing in the doorway arms crossed, "Well well well if it isn't our new merch model."

"I haven't even been home for 5 minutes and you're already signing me up for something?" Simon asks, clearly amused.

"Well might as well take advantage of it. Besides, if you do this right you could very well never have to work again." Senna points out.

"Let's hope that never happens. All I'd do is hide in my room and play tekken." Simon points out. He isn't able to get another word out before he's tackled to the ground.

"Shit sorry guess I better not damage the merchandise huh?" Ekko teased him. Simon smiled at him before putting him in a headlock.

"Unfortunately, that's the truth but I'm still able to beat your ass shortstack." Simon says.

"I'm not short. I'm average height and I swear to god that I'm gonna en-" Ekko is cut off by both of them getting smacked in the back of the head by Qiyanna.

"Ai ai ai fine we'll chill out." Ekko says, rubbing the back of his head.

"So who's ready to celebrate?!" Akali shouts walking in.

"I'm game, where's our favorite posing producer?" Simon asks to get off the floor.

"Boo." Simon jumps then turns and sees Yasuo.

"Jesus fucking christ we still need to get you a bell or something." Simon jabs.Yasuo laughs and they all get ready to go out.

"Hey just so you all know I also invited Evelynn and Kai'sa." Akali mentions.They all just shrug and leave making their way to Hexdrinker. It isn't long before drinks start flowing between them all celebrating Simon's change in profession.

"So I have to ask, what's the weirdest thing you feel that's in your contract?" Kaisa spoke directed at simon.

"I have to primarily just do what LeBlanc says and I should be fine.Outside of that they want to market me as Raptor." Simon explains; noticing the confused look on Kai's face he continues, "Before I was their stage hand I tried my hand at a music career. I used to go by Lord Raptor. Most people shortened it to Raptor."

"Isn't that the name of the zombie from that old arcade game?" Kaisa asos.

"Yeah, same one." Simon shrugs before taking another shot.

They all keep drinking, primarily trying to get Simon as drunk as possible since he rarely lets loose. Sitting in the corner is a foreign karaoke machine.Most of them not wanting to bother singing until Evelynn gets an almost devilish look in her eyes.

"So Simon you said you used to try for a music career but never got anywhere is that right?" She asks.

"Yeah Ionia is not a large fan of punk rock. Learned that one the hard way." There's a small slur in his speech.

"Why don't you sing for us?" Evelynn suggests. Before Simon can say anything one way or the other Ekko starts cheering him on.

"Brooooo, you know how long it's been since I've sang." Simon almost whines at Ekko. The rest join in trying to force him to get up and sing just one song.

"I hate all of you." Simon groans standing up walking over to the song menu. He selects an old favorite and lets the guitar riff come in as he stands there a little awkwardly.

Simon starts to sing, his voice shaky at first but continuing to get more confident as he continues. ( I picked a song I like here you go merry chrysler)

As Simon finished singing and he was met with silence, "Geez I know I'm rusty but I didn't think that I was that bad."

Ahri was the first one to say, "You said you didn't get anywhere with a music career?"

"Nope never even released an album." Simon said, sitting back down.

"Darling, I find that difficult to believe. A voice like yours could attract anyone quite easily." Evelyn purred scooting closer. Simon looked over at True Damage as he was getting uncomfortable and noticed the sour look on Qiyanna's face.

"And on that note I need to go use the bathroom." Simon quickly stood up and walked out of the room. Noticing that he'd been gone for a while, Akali stands up.

"I'm gonna check on Simon make sure he's not passed out." The others just nod and continue their ongoing conversations. As she walks out Akali sees Simon standing in the hall staring blankly infront of him.

"Hello Runeterra to Simon. Are you okay?" She asks him.

Simon snaps back to reality and speaks, "Yeah it's just.."

"Just what?" She asks him.

"Everything's going to change now and I don't know how to even really process it." Simon answered honestly. Akali grabbed his hand and pulled him out onto the balcony.

"I get it. You're going from guy who was a stage hand to being front and center of attention. All eyes will be on you, everything you do will be scrutinized and judged." Akali states bluntly. She looks over and sees the anxious look on Simon's face, "But you'll adjust to it. It's going to be overwhelming at first but you have True Damage, it even seems like the rest of K/DA has taken an interest in you.."

"I can't help but notice your word choice. Is this going to change anything between us? You seemed to leave yourself out of the conversation." Siimon points out analyzing her words. "Akali if this is going to change things between you and me then I know it's going to change things with everyone else. I'll tell LeBlanc that I can't do it. Even with you being apart of both True Damage and K/DA you've always been my friend and i-"

Simon is cut off by Akali grabbing his face and kissing him.