Chapter 8: Cute Without The 'E' (Cut From The Team)

Simon had awoken first. He made an attempt to get up and stretch before remembering that he was currently pinned down by his favorite shinobi. He considered it endearing the way that she had basically wrapped herself around his torso. After some very careful sliding and replicing himself with a very large bear he snuck out of the room. He stretched as he walked making his way into the kitchen. He saw that Kaisa and Ahri were already up and talking.

"Morning." Simon comments slowly going for the coffee pot.

"Jesus christ! What are you doing here?" Kai'sa asks nearly jumping 2 feet in the air.

"Akali made me stay." Simon answered. The shuffle of feet could be heard and Simon looked down the hall and saw Akali made her way into the kitchen.

"Hey Akali, do you want some coffee-" Simon was cut off by Akali hugging him from behind.

"You left me." She mumbled into his back.

Ahri raised her eyebrows with a smirk forming on her face, "So you two finally stopped tiptoeing around it?"

"There's still conversations to be had." Simon said, feeling his face turn as red as a tomato. Akali refused to remove herself, only uttering something about him being comfortable. Simon just shrugs and drinks his coffee.

"You do know that at some point I have to go home right?" Simon asks her.

"At some point not right now." Akali says, gripping him tighter.

"Well the more I hold off on actually dealing with it the worse it's going to get." Simon thinks for a moment, "Do you want to come with me?"

Akali finally lets him go and returns to her room. Quinn just waits as Akali exits dressed.They both exit quietly Simon not really sure what to say instead choosing to think..

"After this is finished I'd like for us to grab some food just the two of us. What if you're game?" Simon asks quietly.

"Oh absolutely I'm starving." Akali answers enthusiastically. As they continued their walk they heard snippets of the news about some criminal being at large. It was mostly ignored as they arrived. Simon let himself and Akali in and saw them all sitting in the main room.

"Alright so what am I in trouble for?: Simon asked indignantly.

"Realistically nothing but ew need to talk," Senna said.

Simon and Akali sat down, "Alright so out with it then?"

"Simon, we think you should move out." Ekko stated almost factually.

"What?!" Simon said almost a little too loud.

"What happened to easing into the conversation?" Senna asked Ekko.

"I just wanted to rip the bandage off." Ekko started looking upset.

"Why?" Simon asked, panicking.

Finally it was Yasuo who spoke, "So I want to make this apparent. You aren't being shunned out and we don't hate you. This is for you to grow. You've lived with us pretty much as long as I've known you. The reason we're saying this is because you're finally getting to do something that isn't related to us. Speaking for myself, I want you to keep growing and I think the next step is for you to strive out on your own. We'll still be friends and I will honestly probably call you over or come bother you to help make new beats. But we think it's time for you to live your life for you." he explained.

"So how long before you guys want me out?" Simon asks, looking down.

"Realistically, take as long as you need but I think the goal should be before the end of the month." Senna said gently.

Simon simply nods his head feeling hurt. He heads into his room and shuts the door.

"Well that went about as well as can be expected." Yasuo comments. An hour goes by with Simon not leaving his room before there's a knock at his door.

"Who is it?" He asks, his voice sounding a little hoarse.

"It's me murcielago, can I come in to talk?" Qiyanna asked. Simon opens the door for her to enter. She shuts it behind her, noticing that his room has a few boxes packed, his closet open as he sorts through it all.

"You know we aren't doing this because we suddenly hate you right?" She asked him starting to help sort through his clothes.

"Logically, I know that. But..." Simon pauses for a second before continuing," It doesn't change that it still hurts."

Qiyanna places the shirt in a box and proceeds to hug him, "I know, I was far from the biggest supporter for this idea. But it's time. You are one of the best friends a girl could ask for and I'm gonna miss having you around here.But as long as I've known you it always seems like since you couldn't accomplish your dream, you just focused on the rest of us regardless of the issue. But now it's time for you to actually live your life." She starts to cry a little into his shoulder.

Simon hugs her back and pulls her in tightly, "I know that with the tour coming you guys will be gone and I won't be able to go with you this time. But I expect you to text me at least once a week. And when you get back I'll want us to grab food at least weekly."

Another knock at the door is heard, they open it to see Akali standing there, "I'm not interrupting anything am I?"

"No, Qiyanna and I were just talking about what's up?" Simon asks.

"I may have found you a place in my building. Opens at the end of the month. Plus it'll help put you close to LeBlanc's office." Akali speaks nervously. Simon just hugs her tightly.

"Thanks shinobi. Give me a few minutes and we'll go grab some food okay?" Simon says, letting a few tears fall, "I know you still want to talk about the other thing."

"That conversation can wait for now. Let's get you into a new place and let you work with LeBlanc for a little bit. Besides with you sharing a building I'll be able to bug you anytime I want." Akali teases him.