23 | i'm not my name

23 ☆ ( "I TRULY LOVE HIM

23 ☆ ( "I TRULY LOVE HIM." )

It was the last day of summer break

It was the last day of summer break. Tomorrow, I'd return to being class president for eight more months with two smaller breaks in between. I would return to being a student who upheld her duties of being dependable, even if I was the exact opposite.

I'd go back to playing the role of Nishimura Riki's submissive, kind, and somewhat scary girlfriend–even though I used to adore that title before it became a weapon used against me.

Maybe I hated it more than I thought. During summer break, I reflected a lot, almost to the point that reflecting granted me some new feelings. I couldn't tell if my hesitance meant that I was emotionally available or I had failed to convince myself I was in love–but maybe I'd find out before it all ended.

I was meeting Riki today outside my house. Mother and Dad were busy, and I told him it would be brief because I needed to do some other things–although that was a lie. I think he caught on to it, though, because he said he'd bring something to eat for my family even if I refused. After that time he called me while I was with Sunoo, I had a feeling that Riki was watching me a lot more, and it started to scare the hell out of me.

It was fear running through my veins for all sorts of reasons–but most of them had their roots pointed in one man: Nishimura Riki.

Blessing or a curse? I can't decipher. I was happy to be with him, or so, I thought. I laid in bed, waiting for him to arrive, hoping that he'd hear my pleas and not do what he thinks is right. "Rie," I didn't lift my head as Mother opened my door with no remorse, possibly thinking she'd catch me doing something wrong. These days, I had a feeling she wanted to reprimand me, just like when I obeyed her–so that she could once more place her dominance over me. "Do you want anything specific for dinner? You haven't eaten all day."

"I'm okay. I'll find something to eat or microwave any leftovers," I blinked at my ceiling. I wished it would suddenly fall and suffocate me. I imagined it. "You don't have to worry about me. You and Dad can eat by yourselves."

"I–" I knew she was going to point out my dismissal toward her. But, deep down, she couldn't find anything to reason with me for. She knew that I was right in my own, cruel ways, and if she were in my place, she'd probably do the same. "Nevermind. I'll be in my room if you need anything, then. Your father is in the dining room eating. Ask him to make you something if you get hungry, or ask me."