INTRODUCTION

Before reading, there are two questions that need to be addressed.

What is a unicorn and what qualities should great people have?

To answer the first: Many of us think that a unicorn is a magical horse with a spiraling horn only seen in fantasy. But this perception is incorrect in several ways. The first error is that unicorns have existed for many years — and, to correct the second, they are not always horses. The word "unicorn" comes from a word that means "one horn", and thus any animal with one horn can be called a "unicorn" whether it is a goat, an antelope, a rhinoceros, or even a deer. In fact, scientists agree that the first unicorn was not a horse, but it was a rhino, an antelope, or even a type of cattle. A unicorn can be any animal, and many of the unicorns described here are not horses.

The third error, and perhaps the most incorrect, is that unicorns have magic powers in their horns. The horn is no more magical than a goat's or deer. Even though unicorns cannot blast others or apply telekinesis, there is power in the horns, and they can spear or defend themselves. The only magic of unicorns is that they are unique, but they are just like any other creature that has ever existed. The power is not from their horns, but as our heroes will discover, it is from the heart. Indeed, unicorns are not magical, but they are unique.

Now the second question has also puzzled people for years. Many have thought that money, wealth, power, beauty, and popularity (and as the unicorns in this story think, magic) is what the greatest person needs in order to succeed. But we do not need any of those things. The characters in this story find that the qualities in the story are not from the skin, but from the heart within. Acceptance, courage, generosity, integrity, humility, mercy, self control, diligence, and teamwork are what make the weakest strong. 

The best part is that these do not just apply to unicorns; they apply to all humans. So read this tale. Learn with Charity the traits that needed to heal her land and yours.