10: The Substitute Goes To Lingmell City II

Chapter 10: The Substitute Goes To Lingmell City II

"So this is the person Li Yuan likes," Fen Lei thought to himself as he looked at Yan Shiren.

Yan Shiren was intimidating, giving the impression of a strict and well-respected leader. Everyone knew he had a bad temper, but no one could possibly deny that he was a strikingly attractive and charismatic man.

Fen Lei spoke with a sly grin, "If I had brought misfortune to Chief Commissioner Yan, he should not have come here and joined us in our conversation. This area is large enough and he can avoid me if he so desires. Or perhaps the chief commissioner approached us here because he missed me?"

"Haha! Nice one," Se Ran interjected, but his mouth was quickly covered by Ru Jun.

"You speak nonsense," Yan Shiren replied to Fen Lei, frowning.

Fen Lei sighed sarcastically and responded, "Ah, it is a good thing Chief Commissioner Yan rejected me. I see now that there was nothing good about him to begin with. It is a shame that I liked him. How unfortunate I was."

"You!" Rin Han was about to grab Fen Lei's collar, but he was stopped by Yan Shiren.

"Han, do not make a scene here."

"But-"

"Do not make me say it again."

Rin Han could only snort in disgust before taking a step back.

Fen Lei frowned. "What is it that you are upset about? I only spoke the truth. And rest assured, I will no longer bother Chief Commissioner Yan. I have found someone new."

"Who is it?" asked Yan Shiren.

"Why is the chief commissioner asking? Is he jealous?" Fen Lei replied with a teasing smile.

"What is there to be jealous of? Is it the bother and annoyance that person will face, similar to what you caused me? You really think and speak nonsense," Yan Shiren answered and began to walk away.

"Sure, let us say I think and speak that way, but where is the chief commissioner going? Is he unwilling to hear about the lady I like?" Fen Lei uttered loudly, drawing the attention of everyone.

Yan Shiren halted upon hearing this. Rin Han, Se Ran, Ru Jun, and everyone else who had heard of it were astounded as well.

"L-lady?" Rin Han stammered.

"Yes, a lady. You all heard it right. I no longer like men. I am now straighter than my hair!" Fen Lei answered.

A gentleman in the crowd scoffed, "You are not joking, are you? Tell us who this lady is!"

Fen Lei began to break out in a cold sweat. Needless to say, that was all a lie, but he had not anticipated such a demand from them. "W-why should I tell you? Furthermore, I have yet to ask her name! "

"What about describing her? Perhaps someone here knows who she is," suggested another gentleman.

Fen Lei could not very well remember the faces of the ladies he had met in the previous months. However, one figure stood out in his mind. "A lady dressed entirely in white. She plays the flute well."

"Your description is far too general. Many women wear white and excel at playing the flute in this city. Be more specific."

These people were irritatingly inquisitive, and only in his head could Fen Lei curse at them. He tried to recall the appearance of the white-clad flautist he had seen two months ago, and his face brightened a moment later. "Her hair! How could I have forgotten about her hair? Her hair is silver!"