Chapter 1: Logging in

'Log into: Suicide Tendency'

Username: JoyfulKamikaze
Password: *************

My finger clicked the log in button and within a second I was on the site. MY site, to be more exact. I looked in the corner of the screen where you could see how many people were online. Three.

I saw that the message button had a tiny red bubble with the number 5 in it, signaling messages I'd missed while I had been offline. Opening the link, I quickly read the messages.

'Great site , you've got here. Good job man'

'Wanna chat sometime? U seem cool :)'

'My fav site, ur awesome. Id luv talkin sometime :P'

'Suicide tendency saved my life, literally! Thank you <3'

A smile slowly grew on my lips as I read through the nice comments, not one even the slightest negative. I wrote back short 'thank you's to each one of them as a sign of my appreciation.

I opened the general chat room to see who were online and instantly two messages popped up.

ugly-truth: hey Joy! :D I was hoping you'd to get online

Dustyn: hey dude, it's been awhile

I was thankful that the two that was in the chatroom were both people I knew. Well, at least over the Internet. I'd like to think that I knew them anyways.

JoyfulKamikaze: hey guys. :) yea, long time no see. Where have you been the last few weeks Dustin?

ugly-truth: I just told him how worried we have been! I'm glad you're finally back, Dustin. <3

Dustyn: My parents sent me to rehab. Apparently they found my pills and razors while I was at school. They'd probably planned to snoop around as soon as I was out of the house...

JoyfulKamikaze: wow, really? That wasn't at all what I had expected.

It took me by surprise. Like Brianna, 'ugly-truth', said we all had been worried about him. I think it had crossed all of our minds that he might've been gone, but since it was kind of a trigger for us no one had really brought it up. I knew that Lucas had been feeling very low the time that Dustin had been gone. A lot worse than usual. I'd figured they'd formed some kind of a tight bond, but I wasn't sure how tight since they usually chatted in private, which Bri had informed me about.

ugly-truth: holy shizz, that's crazy. I'm glad you're back tho! What was it like?

Dustyn: it was hell. I wasn't aloud to do anything and they brought psychologist after psychologist to try and force me to talk out about my problems. They had no fucking respect whatsoever. Dickheads...

JoyfulKamikaze: I assume they weren't successful with it. Have you had time to talk to Lucas yet? Does he know you're back? Sorry if I'm intruding

I had to ask him. I wanted to see how he'd react to it. Their relationship was just a big blur to us outsiders, probably to them as well, and I had no idea what it was really about.

Dustyn: no, why? Maybe he'll log on later. Then I guess he'll notice, right?

The whole attitude in his messages changed noticeably. I knew that bringing Lucas up had effected him in some way, but it was hard to say in what since it was over text and I couldn't see him.

Dustyn: what's been happening while I've been gone?

Obvious try in changing the subject. I wasn't going to bother him with it anymore than I already had though.

JoyfulKamikaze: almost 30 new people have joined, Kira and Ashton have met up IRL and they're dating or something, I think. They refuse to admit to it though. What else, Bri?

ugly-truth: hmm... *thinking*

While waiting for a reply I opened up my video editing software. I was working on a video for a suicide prevention campaign me and a few others from the site were working on. It was a project I'd come up with to try my best to get in a position to try and help kids that were in the same position as me and many others close to me. It strengthened me to help others like that, which was part of why I made 'Suicide Tendency' from the beginning.

Suddenly the Google chrome window started blinking. I clicked it open to read the message.

ugly-truth: oh yea! Joy's working on a top secret project... ;3

Before I had time to blink a new message popped up.

Dustyn: what project? tell me about it

I rolled my eyes before my fingers started to work their magic over the keyboard.

JoyfulKamikaze: me, Lucas, Bri and Ashton are working on a "Suicide prevention" campaign, so it's not really MY project...

Dustyn: Really? What are you gonna do with it?

JoyfulKamikaze: we're not quite sure yet. Atm we're pretty much just exchanging ideas. Wanna join?

Dustyn: nah. I don't have time for it, but it sounds like a really great thing

It was obvious in the way he was writing that he wasn't completely okay. Well, no one here was, but he wasn't like his usual self. Something was bugging him and it was painfully clear. I wasn't gonna ask him though. He'd talk about it when he felt ready for it, that's how it worked on the site. Even the most guarded and most introvert people would eventually let their guard down.

'Lonely_crow joined the chat.'

It was Lucas. My body tensed at the thought of what his reaction would be like when he'd realize that Dustin was back.

Lonely_crow: hi.^^

Lonely_crow: wait... Dustin?

Dustyn: hey

Lonely_crow: why didn't you text me earlier?

I stared, intensely, at the chat - not wanting to bother them with a meaningless hi to Lucas. Clearly they needed to talk.

Dustyn: I didn't have time for it and thought you were on here so went here instead

Lonely_crow: wanna private chat? :/

After that message they both turned quiet and most likely they'd joined a private chat.

ugly-truth: wow.... Those two :o

JoyfulKamikaze: ikr

I was suddenly interrupted by a sharp knock on my locked door and a strong voice. "Go ahead and get showered for the dinner, Kaiden. We will have to leave in an hour. Mom's got your new tailored tuxedo downstairs. Come get it later."

I rolled my eyes, annoyed by my dad's demanding tone. Always these fucking meaningless, stuck up dinners that made me want to cut myself a little extra.

I called back a quick "okay" to get him to leave as soon as possible before focusing my eyes back on the PC screen.

JoyfulKamikaze: I have to leave, Bri. Another fancy, lovely dinner... I'll be back in a few hours. x

A second later I had got a reply. That girl was as fast at typing as Usain Bolt was at running.

ugly-truth: aww... :( <3 Ttyl xo

I put the computer in sleep mode, grabbing a towel to get prepared for the dinner that was about to come.