Chapter 7: Fuck buddy?

IMPORTANT-ISH AN AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER!

*********

Waking up the next morning I'd been gifted with a killer headache and what felt like a broken neck that had developed at some point in the night. My head was lulled to the side and my upright position confused me. I pried my eyes open and blinked a few times to get them to adjust to the very bright light outside, before looking where I was. A car. Levi's car to be more specific.

I heard a soft snoring beside me and turned my face to meet Levi's. His mouth was hanging open and I could see a bit of drool in the corner of his mouth. The driver seat that he was sat in was moved back so he was in more of a laying position than sitting.

I reached over to him and shoved his shoulder lightly. He startled awake and his eyes instantly met with mine. They were a bit red and he didn't look to be in a state to drive a car, or any other vehicle for that matter, by far.

"What's the time?" He shrugged throwing me a look.

"Can't you see for yourself?" I barely heard what he said because of the sleepy slur to his words.

"I can't find my phone." I looked around my seat and found a lighter and a pack of cigs, but nothing else. I knew I brought it with me last night...

"8:49." Levi slurred and I opened the car door.

"We need to get back right now. I just have to pee and see if I can find my phone anywhere outside then we'll go." He nodded and closed his eyes again. "I suggest you not do that. It'll make driving back even more difficult and I don't feel like having you crash the car and cause us to helplessly die out here in the middle of the forest."

He flicked me the bird, eyes still closed. I rolled my eyes and got out of the car, stretching long and hard to try and wake myself up a bit more. Then my search continued. We'd spent most of the night outside, but all of a sudden we got invaded by all kinds of bugs and we hopped into the car. We must've fallen asleep very quickly after that because I didn't remember it and neither had we planned to do so. We were supposed to go back the same night when our highs had gotten down. Now that I thought about it afterwards, that was a very optimistic thought of ours.

My bladder felt ready to explode so I walked a few meters into the forest to ease the pressure. The sun was shining over the city and it looked pretty beautiful. It looked good by night as well, but the scary forest distracted me from taking it all in. Instead I'd almost given myself a whiplash every time I'd heard the tiniest of sound around us.

As I walked back to the car I heard something vibrate on what sounded like metal and I instantly hurried towards the sound of the vibrations. Right away I spotted my phone laying on top of the hood of the car and I breathed out a sigh of relief. Thank god I found it or else it'd probably end up as nothing but a memory.

"Wake up, Levi. We need to go." I gave his chest a light punch and buckled up my seatbelt. He opened his eyes straight away, probably out of pure shock.

"Jesus, can you be a bit gentler maybe?!" He rubbed the place I'd aimed the punch at before starting the engine. I could see how tired he was and I was feeling just as gone. We'd probably stayed up until at least 4:30 so it wasn't really a shock.

"It's your fault if I fall asleep and get us killed. Remember that..." Levi grumbled as the car started rolling down the curvy hills.

"I won't have to remember it, because I'll be dead anyway."

* * * * *

I was careful when I opened the door into my house. I wasn't sure if they'd notice that I'd been gone and would be mad about it. Most likely not, but I could never be sure until I saw their reactions live.

It was fairly quiet as I took off my shoes and right away my first thought was that they were out somewhere. I tiptoed into the spacious living room, looking around. No one could be seen - not even the maid. I frowned and walked over to the kitchen to see if I could spot anyone there either, but no one. There wasn't even as much as a note on the counter to tell me that they were out.

I gave up when I realized they weren't anywhere around the house and strolled up to my room. They'd get back sooner or later and I didn't have anything against being alone since I was so used to it.

Because it was only early morning I didn't stress about doing anything so I just decided to catch up on the sleep I'd missed out on the prior night.

* * * * *

Mom and dad ended up coming back in time for dinner, but of course they'd already eaten so in the end I had to order a pizza anyway and eat it in the loneliness of my room.

I took a big bite of my third pizza slice as I logged onto Suicide Tendency. Somehow I'd managed to forget Sam some time along the night so when I read that he was the only one online it was as if my whole life flashed before my eyes and I realized why I hated being me.

I hoped that me logging in would go unnoticed, but of course it didn't. A string of the nastiest curse words - that I knew Jesus wouldn't appreciate - flowed out of my mouth as the chat invitation from "Samson" popped up on my screen. I accepted it of course, but only out of politeness.

Samson: Hey Grumpster. :P

JoyfulKamikaze: hey

Samson: What where you up to last night? You never came back. ;P

JoyfulKamikaze: I was out with a friend

Samson: fuck buddy?

Five messages in and he'd already managed to piss me off big time... Seemed to be what he was good at. Probably the only thing he was good at.

JoyfulKamikaze: no... A friend.

Samson: what were you two up to then that took up the whole night? ;)

JoyfulKamikaze: Just getting high. Than we fell asleep in his car.

Samson: hah, you do weed? I don't like that. That's immature as fuck.