Sec. 1 【A Greeting】

The thick blur in my vision fades, and now I'm finally able to clearly look around. My heart thumps at the sight of a forest, and the nip in the air pinches my cheeks. I'm in Skyrim...

Well shit. That means I'll have to endure the whole introduction again.

But instead of Ralof, Lokir, and Ulfric Stormcloak sitting beside me, there are three other players. We aren't bound, but we can't move, not just yet. My head shifts to the left. An Imperial soldier, he must be an NPC. The graphics are not necessarily Skyrim, but it's more on the real life side, similar to an immersive mod. Actually, this sight is way better than what any mod can do.

"Why aren't we tied up?" an Argonian speaks up, his voice sounding like a high school student. We don't choose our appearance, only race, but the Race Menu was chosen before we played the game. I chose a Wood Elf. The default appearance is ourselves, sadly. I would've given myself bigger breasts or thicker eyelashes if I can make a few alterations. The only look the NerveGear's body scan doesn't need is being a non-humanoid race, such as a Khajiit, Orc, or Argonian, like the fellow in front of me.

Sitting to the right is a Wood Elf, just like myself. He flicks his finger in the air as if unlocking an iPhone, then his menu pops up, showing quests and statistics. The NPC driving the carriage turns his head towards us, almost like a robot. "You are not bound in order to access your menu."

I copy the movement, sliding my finger on an imaginary platform. Automatically, my menu pops up, including my journal.

Introduction

I must wait for everyone to arrive at Helgen. Until then, I will remain with the group I'm placed in: An Argonian, Wood Elf, and Nord. I have yet to find out their names.

After all of us read our journal, the Nord decides to talk first. "I'm Matthew," he says, sitting up in a proper manner.

"Do we choose our names, or we stick to our real ones?" asks the Argonian in an accent similar to the ones in the game. "Mine would be unsuitable for one in the game. Matthew isn't a Nordic name, either."

"You're right," the Wood Elf beside the lizard intervenes, shrugging. "You can't have a Dragonborn named Bob or something."

"This is like roleplay," I state aloud, comfortable enough to join. "So it would make sense if we should stick to a name suitable for our race."

Our voices have been slightly altered, I've noticed. Like most High Elves, their voice is deeper, and mine is hardly changed, but noticeable. Matthew has a Scandinavian accent, along with the Wood Elf having a normal, but friendly voice. "Are we all Dragonborn?" Matthew questions the NPC driving the carriage, but he doesn't reply. A system message pops up, showing we're almost close to our destination and it's time to finish our introductions.

"I don't think so, we'd all be too OP," I reply. "Overpowered."

"I'm Kevin," the Argonian shrugs. "But I'll change it to Darth to match the names in here."

The Bosmer nods in approval. "I'm Kurt, but I can't think of a name that's based off of lore, so I'll stick to this."

"I dunno what I'd be," Matthew says, raising his hand to stretch. He leans back, spreading his legs out in front of him with the little space provided.

I try thinking of a name that would match an Altmer, but it's difficult to find one on the spot. "Ah, screw it," I say in defeat after some time thinking of one. "I'm Kelly."

"So," Darth clears his throat. "We're on a path to Helgen, it seems. We already know what happens though, and there's no captured Stormcloaks. But before we arrive..." He points to all of us, one by one with a scaly finger. "You're Kurt, Matthew, and Kelly."