Sec. 3 【The First Battle】

"I forgot how immersive this is," Emilia whines, hands rapidly rubbing her bare arms. I do the same, goosebumps immediately forming on my skin as soon as we exit the cave, leaving the bear in peace. "It's so cold!"

Kurt sighs. "We're going to need clothes. Warm clothes. Do we have anything to sell?"

"I-Isn't t-there some mine up ahead?" I ask, jogging in place for warmth. Man, I regret not looting the clothes off those soldiers we fought.

But ew, that's kind of gross, and the fact they most likely won't fit us anyway.

I look towards Cara if she has any ideas, but she's too busy looking down her shirt. Anthony comments before I can. "Cara, what the hell are you doing?"

"My bra is so ugly," she murmurs with a frown. "Em, Kelly, what colour is yours?"

"I'm not lookng down my shirt!" Emilia cries, but she does anyway. "...oh... they are ugly..."

Once I've slightly adjusted to the cold, I stop hopping in place. "We have matching panties, on the bright side," I tell them, shrugging and completely forgetting the confused males in our group.

The boys are scratching their heads, baffled, but they disregard the conversation we just had.

"Anyway..." Kurt mutters, rummaging inside the satchel. "We barely have any food or money. Kelly, what was the mine you mentioned?"

"She's talking about the one with the bandit guarding the entrance," says DN.

Lightbulb on Anthony. "Oh yeah, I know which one she's talking about. Embershard Mine, right before the Guardian stones."

Kurt pinches his index finger and thumb together, sliding down on an imaginary surface. A faint, Nirnroot-like ring sounds as he accesses his Character Menu, looking just like the Skyrim Menu when you press Start on a controller, or Esc on a PC.

"I forgot we could do that," Darth says, doing the same. "Here, let's all create a party."

"Nice, we can spawn a courier to send messages to friends," Anthony laughs at all the different functions. He scrolls down to the Communications button and lightly taps the air, sending us a friend request.

You have received a friend request from "Anthony"
» Accept
Decline

There are five more pending requests, to which I accept them all before sending my own.

Send friend request to Deez Nuts?
» Send
Cancel

I giggle to myself, feeling a bit bad for Matthew that his name in this VRMMORPG is now Deez Nuts. That was an overused joke back on Earth, in 2015 I think. It is currently 2020, the year of more stupidity and technology advances. I remember playing Skyrim once, and accidentally setting my name as Prisoner, so I can relate.

But unfortunately of course, there hasn't been an Elder Scrolls VI.

Friends/Guilds » Party » Create » < Name your Party >

I look up at my menu. "What's our party name?"

Cara thinks for a second. "Do the Skyrim Strippers."

"No," Emilia says, and Kurt shakes his head. "We aren't hoes. How about the Skyrim Players?"

"Too basic."